Wham! was a band formed in 1981 by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley.Michael and Ridgeley met at Bushey Meads School in Watford, England, and performed in a short lived band called THE EXECUTIVE before changing their name and signing to Innervision Records (after a legal victory over Innervision, the duo signed later to CBS; Columbia in the US and Canada, and Epic for the rest of the world).
Further information: Artist development deal
Michael took on the majority of roles and tasks within the band—composer, singer producer and occasional instrumentalist—but the contribution of Ridgeley as the group's image specialist and spokesman was crucial to the band's initial success: it was Ridgeley who forced upon a reluctant George that Wham! needed to change their image and sound frequently, from the leather clad moody singers of "Bad Boys" and "Young Guns (Go For It!)" to the more fashionable pop superstars of "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go."
Still teenagers, they promoted themselves as hedonistic youngsters, proud to live a carefree life without work or commitment. This was reflected in their earliest singles. Such works as "Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do)" are just as likely to be seen as sarcasm and, thus, advocating the other point of view.
The first record to be released by the band was Wham Rap. It was a double A side with a social and Anti social mix (soul on the dole, we don't take no shit from the benefit). The record was banned for general release in the UK due to th...
Excess energy typically found in small children and animals usually brought on by forced inactivity.
You should run around a bit and get your whams out.
Dealing with orgasms. in this case, subconsciously created.
In the book Twilight, Jasper could wham Alice in math class with his powers to make math more intresting.
(1) To leave your work partner(s) by them selves.
(2) To leave someone alone for a prolonged period of time. (3) Leaving someone by them selves to do all the work while you are off doing something non-work related that you should not be doing.
The act of whamming can be described in many ways;
"I got whammed so bad today by (insert name here)"
"Man, I whammed that kid so hard!"
Guy 1 "Hey, are you whamming right now?"
Guy 2 "Yeah, but I will go back to (insert name here) in a bit"
"No, I never wham. I don't like it when people wham me, so I don't do it to others."
A flexible word, can be a sound, or a verb, usually having to do with a hitting action.
1) as a sound: "...all of a sudden, WHAM!, my mom was on fire..."
2) as a verb: "...I just whammed my nards on that desk..."
1. (Adjective)- Bammer, shitty, swag, shitty, crappy, cheesy, off-point,wack, awful,gay.
2. (noun) Bad weed.
3.(noun) A Bad experience or moment in time.
1. Mike- "Those hos are wham! One of them has camel toe and the other is a hefer."
2. Mo- "Did you get that weed from beanie mike? That shit was some wham. It was brown and contained no crystals. totally whammer."
3. Tanya- "That party last night was wham. There was no alcohol but an abundance of crackheads."
The Patwah way to say "what happend?". Usually said "wham" because of there fast speaking.
Hey Bob "wham" to you last night, why'd you leave so early.