2. Used in replacement for "oh" or "really" ; when surprised.
3. Used when something funny was heard.
4. Used when something is phat or really kool.
5. Agreeing with what someone just said.
Annoying person: I'm so fucking wasted dawg!
2. Someone: Yo dawg, I just got a hott system that cost madd cash!
3. Someone: Yo, this fat bitch was talkin' madd shit about me. So I smacked that bitch up!!
You: hahaha, werd
4. You: Yo, dat system in yo car is madd werd yo.
5. Someone: Yo the bitch is so stupid!
You: Werd man, she is.
Friend 2: "Werd!! You see her friend?"
The contraction "word" was also heavily used, and the only real difference between the Bronx variant and the Internet one is its spelling.
1. Can be used as a greeting
2. Can be used as a positive response
3. Can be used as a confirmation request
Person 1: "Yo"
Person 2: "Werd"
Person 1: "You want a meatshake?"
Person 2: "Werd, I love meatshake!"
Person 1: "He gave me the wrong shake!"
Person 2: "Werd?"