A game whereby the one who is caught saying the word weeaboo must be chained to a pipe and paddled by all around him/her. Those with the paddles must chant weeaboo until the paddling is finished and the one chained to a pipe is released.
Person 1: "If we waste anymore time on 'weeaboo,' we'll be bankrupt by the end of the month!"
Person 2: "Did somebody just say 'Weeaboo?' 'cause I think I just heard someone say 'Weeaboo.'"
Person 3, 4, 5, and 6: "WEE-A-BOO! WEE-A-BOO!"
Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese
I told that weeaboo girl over there that Inuyasha sucks. She slapped me across the face and proceded to cuss me out in Japanese.
A word filter for the image board 4chan.org that replaces the word wapanese
. Originates arbitrarily from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip wherein a man was paddled by a crowd chanting "Weeaboo! Weeaboo!"
"Those Wapanese kids think Japan is so great."
"Those weeaboo kids think Japan is so great."
A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese. They try to learn japanese through the anime they watch and usually end up pronouncing it wrong and looking like a complete idiot.
KEEP IN MIND: that a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a Weeaboo, japanophile
Weeaboo's basically disrespect the culture and make complete asses of themselves
1. A person so obsessed with japanese culture that they ignore their own.
2. Someone obsessed beyond healthy levels with anime.
3. People who ruin activities for other people with overzealous references to said anime.
4. People so oblivious to reality they only care about anime.
5. An action worthy of getting one's ass beaten.
1. Inuyasha fans
2. Americans claming to be "Otaku."
3. "Did you hear that kid? He won't shut up about how great Full Metal Alchemist is. Such a weeaboo."
Originally a fictional game from a webcomic
name the Perry Bible Fellowship
, where one person would say weeaboo and get slapped on the ass
with a paddle. This was later adopted as a meme on 4chan
when moot got offended by prevailing anti-Wapanese
sentiment on /b/
. This just gave the /b/tard
s a new word to insult the wapanese. It is now a derogatory phrase used to insult animu fans who act like faggots on the internets.
1. Any self-proclaiming anime fan who alienates themselve from their own society and assimilate into the Japanese culture from which they know little-to-none about; using their so-called anime knowledge as a guide, which destined them to ultimate failure in assimilation. 2. A special breed of anime fans who put Japan on a pedastol and prefer them over any other countries in terms of multimedia, courtship, etc... (E.g. prefer Japanese/Asian sprouses, prefer J-music > Amer. music, wanna live and die Japan, etc...) As far as anime goes, they know only little. For example, the average weeaboo knows only americanized anime; preferly uncut with jap. audio and eng. subs ( E.g. Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Haruhi Suziyama, Lucky Star, etc...) and memorized every japanese song from their favorite shows.
Note: Anybody who watches some anime and reads manga are not weeaboos. Those who go over-broaded with their anime, hentai, and pocky obsession are.
A classic example of a weeaboo's presence on the net, this unknown 16-year-old girl's rant about Miyavi
OMG! I loooove Miyavi!!!
FYI - all you haters - I saved ALL these pictures!!!
...so hot, so fine, so sexy, so cute, so funny...*dies*
note that Weeaboo love over-using common japanese word/phrases, like kawaii
, and aishiteru
accompanied by a exclamation mark.
Is a portmanteau of the words "Wannabe" and "Japanese"
Specifically a White American Anime, or Japanese culture fan, though the definition has been expanded in recent years to include anyone of Western culture(no matter the race) who get hard ons for Japanese culture.
Weeaboos often want to be Japanese and hate Western culture in favor of Japanese, which often most have never even really experience irl, just from Anime. It's more of a phenomenon in gen y due to the fact that they came up in the anime boom, kick started primarily by Toonami, and hyper Japanese gaming of the mid 90s with Playstation.
They are often Anime addicted, and spend tons of money(or their parents money) on anime merchandise, including cosplay, whole DVD boxsets(imported a lot of the times) plushes, and and bad anime video games. They are often pretentious about it(the hardcore ones at least) and think that American animation is crap, not mature, or only uses "crude" art, ignoring the fact that there is nothing mature or realistic about most anime.
Most of the guy weeaboos think they're some kind of romantics, often swooning over anime girls and having no grip on reality because they think anime love is real, and coin themselves as "nice guys" that can't get girls because they're often on the friend line.
Ezra: Hey Steve, do you want to join anime club?
Steve: Nah man, it's full of pretentious weeaboos who look down on you if you like dubbed anime.