guy 2: "uh, I go to school there"
Guy 1: " and you left so soon after why?
guy 2: "because the only thing in the whole town after dark is a ride home"
1: redneck haven. nothing but florida wilderness and shitty houses and that one really shitty mall with not ONE decent shopping store in it. the only exception is the outlet mall, BUT it's the kind of place that only attracts the kind of people who live 30 minutes across town, described next.
2: rich old guys who are die hard surfers and never made it to california, so they married a yellow haired mom and decided to have kids at the age of 50. and own boats and love to fish, and all live on the island and raise their naive kids in a pretentious environment, aka st. eds(they think they're the best in the world because they are the best in vero beach. HAH talk about big fish in a tiny pond)..
3: the ghetto area. the more northern part of town filled with Martin Luther King Jr. boulevards, the worst public schools in florida (gifford, dodgertown), canals filled with garbage, and mexican trailer parks.
The city and its surrounding environs can be divided into five different parts:
1. East Vero is characterized by sprawling subdivisions and over-priced track housing with some elements of poverty as well as middle-class homes. The mall and the surrounding businesses are by far the largest attractions this area provides.
2. Central Vero possess the downtown as well as middle-class and some poorer demograohics. Notable here is a small number of historic commercial and recreational buildings, city hall, and the county court house.
3. South Vero is very similar to Central Vero minus the downtown and there are more lower class citizenry.
4. North Vero/Gifford is likely to be one of the poorest and at the same time wealthiest areas of the county. Grand Harbor, an upscale community boasting hundreds of residents, borders a largely African American community with above average numbers of people living below the poverty line.
5. The Vero "Beach" is composed of mostly upper middle to upper class residents who live either in gated/ungated communities or inhabit the plethora of flamboyantly named streets. Despite the area being prone to hurricanes a recent boom in tourism and revenue has sparked renovations to parks and other facilities as well as an increase in expensive housing. This part of town likes to remain aloof of the "mainlanders".
Terrorist: I lived there for 3 days
Guy 1: OH, SHIT SO YOU'RE A TERRORIST?
Guy 1 tragically died in a beheading related incident.