A person who drinks blood. In modern times used to either describe
1) a fantasy creature
2) a person who's kind of like a furry, only won't admit that they aren't really what they pretend to be.
In the second case, it's basically a stupid overweight or underweight teenager who blames the fact that they have no friends and can't communicate with another human being on even the most basic of levels on the imagined fact that they aren't human. They go on internet forums and talk about their "awakening" (which is a fancy way of describing the time that they decided to give themselves a name they picked out of a D&D book and start pretending to be a vampire) and talking about how they fed off the emotions of all the people who made fun of them. In some cases they actually drink blood (read: lick their fingers when they get a paper cut) but most of the time they'll opt to pretend to be a "psi" vampire or some such idiocy where they'll claim to feed off of emotions. Sure, there are actual "vampires" who actually drink a lot of blood, but that's because they're either crazy or have some kind of fetish for it, not because they belong to some other race.
Dom claims to be a vampire. He walks around wearing a cape and hissing at people, and if you actually try to talk with him he'll just ineptly stutter about how he's going to curse or feed on you or something.
Something that does not sparkle.
Dracula is a vampire, but Edward Cullen is a fairy.
a great subculture and ledgend on the verge on ruin due to the popular mainstream phenomon known as 'Twilight'
Real Vampires do NOT sparkle
1: One whom drinks the blood of others, be it animal or human. Not to be confused with cannibalism or sarcophagy as no tissue is consumed.
2: Term describing Vlad Tapish, or Vlad the Impaler (1431-1476) and Erzebet (Elizabeth) Bathory (1560 -1614), the Bloody Countess of Csejthe: both notable historicaly for the consumption of blood. Dracula is a name based off the Order of the Dragon, or Order of Dracul, which Bram Stoker used as his vampiric character based loosely on Vlad the Impaler.
1: Jill tore the end of the medical bloodbag and poured some of its contents into a crystal glass. Thus, vampire.
2: The Bloody Countess slaughtered over six hundred virgins, practiced vampirism and bathed in the blood of her victims. Once captured, she was confined to a single room in the tallest tower of her castle and was held prisoner by the Hungarian court untill her death at age 54.
3: Dracula owns.
1. In literature, media, and folklore, a "traditional" vampire is a demon who consumes blood of humans or animals for nourishment. Sometimes a human who has been bit by a vampire will transform into a vampire themselves. Vampires have a fear of anything holy, garlic, and the sun. Vampires have a child-like mentality, as they are unable to enter places or do certain things without permission, as was first addressed in Bram Stoker's "Dracula." Most commonly killed by a stake through the heart.
2. Any species of bat that consumes blood. Three types of vampire bats are the Common Vampire Bat (Desmodus rotundus), the Hairy Legged VB (Diphylla ecaudata), and the White-Winged VB (Diaemus youngi). They rarely attack humans and mostly consume blood from livestock or birds.
3. Any member of the goth subculture who thinks that listening to Norwegian death metal, dressing in long black clothing, and being a fan of vampire movies and/or blood will make them a full-fledged vampire. Refuse to believe that vampires are just the work of folklore. Can usually be seen outside Hot Topic, alone, as nobody will be their friend because they "don't want to associate with the living."
1. Bram Stoker's "Dracula" is considered the premiere text of vampire folklore.
2. Vampire bats are common in tropical climates, barns, and zoos.
3. This was an actual example from someone I met at the mall who was claiming to be a vampire. They became my "source," so to speak.
1. A sanguivore is the kind of vampire with the need for blood. These guys are the real kind, but are mortal, have a reflextion, and are only SENSITIVE to light. They can go out in the sun and eat garlic and touch roses so get that fairytale crap out of your head. They need blood, though. They don't neccesarily LOOK like a vamp or have the folklore vampire lifestyle. AKA a sang vamp.
2. A psy vamp feeds off of energy rather than blood. Sometimes a sang vamp is short on food and resorts to psy techniques. AKA an energy vampire.
3. A vampyre looks like one a vamire, but doesn't neccesairly need blood. A vampyre is "into" the whole vamp thing and can be considered to have a vampire fetish, but doesn't need blood and might not even be into that area.
4. Awakening is when a true vamp goes through a "puberty" of sorts and realizes what they are.
5. Turning is when a normal person becomes a vamp through a scarcely known techinque.
6. Blood Fetishists don't need blood and AREN'T vampires, they just LIKE it, whether it be sexual or just for kicks and giggles.
Vampires aren't modern-day Draculas, they are much more complicated.
a real vampire does not/is not:
falls in love with his meal(that being bella swan)
goes to school
sleeps in a bed
make teeny bopper pussys wet
a model for gayass hot topic
A REAL VAMPIRE DOES/IS:
the lord of darkness
fears the cross
sleeps in a coffin
does not feal love
only 1 thing on its mind,it being blood
turns into a bat
has a fancy wardrobe(refer to the old dracula movies)
todays modern vapire is gay in my opinion they can love the prey**cough**twilight**cough**.be out in the day light,listen to ipods,sleep in beds,are homosexual,drivecars,can no longer turn into bats(OMGWTF),are daywalkers,wear urban clothing(this goes to all u fags u clam they're vapires),have sex with humans
thank you so much stephenie meyer,you piece of shit for ruining bram stroker's legacy count dracula aka vampire with your fucking crap shit twilight
A vampire is any person or thought or feeling that stands between you and your creative self expression, but they can assume many seductive forms.
1) The pigmy vampire:
Will swarm around you head like gnats and say things like:
"Your teeth need whitening."
"You went to state school?"
"You sound weird."
"Shakespeare, Sondheim, Sedaris did it before you and better than you."
"You cannot sing good enough to be in a musical."
2) The air freshener vampire:
She might look like you mama, or your old fat-ass, fat aunt Fanny.
She smells something unpleasant in what you’re creating and will urge you to spray it up with some pine fresh smell ’em ups. The air freshener vampire doesn’t want you to write about bad language, blood, or blow jobs.
She wants you to clean it up and clean it out which will leave your work toothless, gutless, and crotchless, but you’ll be left with two tight paragraphs of kittens that your grandma would be so proud of.
3) The vampire of despair:
It’ll wake you up at 4am to say things like:
"Who do you think you’re kidding?"
"You look like a fool."
"No matter how hard you try, you’ll never be good enough."
Sally: My mom won't let me be in Bare just because it curses!
John: Ew, what a vampire!