A creature of the night featured in the TV shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Vampires are souless creatures with no conscience, a ruthless killer instinct, and a never ending thirst for human blood. Their lack of a soul or a conscience, coupled with their murderous intent makes them one of the most lethal variety of demon in the Buffyverse.
Vampires are extremely strong in comparison to a regular human being. Their strength is of course, mystical in nature. It aids them during hunting, and is key to their survival. In addition to their incredible strength levels, vampires also possess heightened senses such as smell, sight and hearing. They can also sense fear.
Vampires have only 2 interests: Drinking blood, and killing human beings. They take a great deal of pleasure in fucking people up; torture is a vampire's favourite passtime. A vampire notable for his love of torture is Spike, or "William the Bloody".
Vampires also have weaknesses. A shit load, to be precise. You can kill one by the following methods:
Stabbing that mofo in the heart with a sharp piece of wood after which they will subsequently turn to dust. Pretty hilarious really when you think about it; something as awesome as that turns to basically nothing as a result of being stabbed in the chest with wood. Made me wonder how Angel's friends would react if he died, haha. There would be nothing left of him to cry over.
Making him drink holy water, or alternatively, dipping him in holy water. The resut would be spontaneous combustion.
Cutting his head off, or blowing it off with a shotgun, or slamming it in a car door
Droping him in a box full of crosses
Drop kicking him into the sunlight
Setting him on fire.
Feeding him "The Killer of the Dead": a poison for vamires that kills slowly and painfully in 24 hours.
As vampires are primarily noctural, they only ever hunt at night, except for the ones that have tinted delivery trucks and full body suits. If they do have said suits, they will take advantage of your complacent attitude during the day, and drag you into the truck where you will be gang raped by a bunch of them, and subsequently bitten.
Vampires kill their prey by biting either the jugular vein or biting the arm and drinking the victim's blood till there's nothing left in the body.
Their favourite blood is Slayer blood, which they refer to as "supercharged juice" or "warrior juice". Least favourite is pigs' blood, which funny enough is what the reformed Angel drinks, in stark contrast to his Angelus alter ego, who only drinks blood from the healthiest of humans.
Speaking of Angelus - He is the most twisted vampire of all, currently the strongest (after The Master died), the smartest and the most deadly.
In order to make a human being a vamipire, you have to "sire" him or her. This can be done by drinking his blood, and then letting him drink yours just before he dies. The newly made vampire will rise from his grave at midnight or so.
Notable vampires: Me, Angelus, Darla (fine piece of ass when she's not biting yours off, lulz), Spike, Drusilla, Penn (serial killer vampire), The Master (boring Turok-Han-esque vampire).
Something that does not sparkle.
Dracula is a vampire, but Edward Cullen is a fairy.
a great subculture and ledgend on the verge on ruin due to the popular mainstream phenomon known as 'Twilight'
Real Vampires do NOT sparkle
1: One whom drinks the blood of others, be it animal or human. Not to be confused with cannibalism or sarcophagy as no tissue is consumed.
2: Term describing Vlad Tapish, or Vlad the Impaler (1431-1476) and Erzebet (Elizabeth) Bathory (1560 -1614), the Bloody Countess of Csejthe: both notable historicaly for the consumption of blood. Dracula
is a name based off the Order of the Dragon, or Order of Dracul, which Bram Stoker used as his vampiric character based loosely on Vlad the Impaler.
1: Jill tore the end of the medical bloodbag and poured some of its contents into a crystal glass. Thus, vampire.
2: The Bloody Countess slaughtered over six hundred virgins, practiced vampirism and bathed in the blood of her victims. Once captured, she was confined to a single room in the tallest tower of her castle and was held prisoner by the Hungarian court untill her death at age 54.
3: Dracula owns.
1. In literature, media, and folklore, a "traditional" vampire is a demon who consumes blood of humans or animals for nourishment. Sometimes a human who has been bit by a vampire will transform into a vampire themselves. Vampires have a fear of anything holy, garlic, and the sun. Vampires have a child-like mentality, as they are unable to enter places or do certain things without permission, as was first addressed in Bram Stoker's "Dracula." Most commonly killed by a stake through the heart.
2. Any species of bat that consumes blood. Three types of vampire bats are the Common Vampire Bat (Desmodus rotundus), the Hairy Legged VB (Diphylla ecaudata), and the White-Winged VB (Diaemus youngi). They rarely attack humans and mostly consume blood from livestock or birds.
3. Any member of the goth
subculture who thinks that listening to Norwegian death metal, dressing in long black clothing, and being a fan of vampire movies and/or blood will make them a full-fledged vampire. Refuse to believe that vampires are just the work of folklore. Can usually be seen outside Hot Topic, alone, as nobody will be their friend because they "don't want to associate with the living."
1. Bram Stoker's "Dracula" is considered the premiere text of vampire folklore.
2. Vampire bats are common in tropical climates, barns, and zoos.
3. This was an actual example from someone I met at the mall who was claiming to be a vampire. They became my "source," so to speak.
a real vampire does not/is not:
falls in love with his meal(that being bella swan)
goes to school
sleeps in a bed
make teeny bopper pussys wet
a model for gayass hot topic
A REAL VAMPIRE DOES/IS:
the lord of darkness
fears the cross
sleeps in a coffin
does not feal love
only 1 thing on its mind,it being blood
turns into a bat
has a fancy wardrobe(refer to the old dracula movies)
todays modern vapire is gay in my opinion they can love the prey**cough**twilight**cough**.be out in the day light,listen to ipods,sleep in beds,are homosexual,drivecars,can no longer turn into bats(OMGWTF),are daywalkers,wear urban clothing(this goes to all u fags u clam they're vapires),have sex with humans
thank you so much stephenie meyer,you piece of shit for ruining bram stroker's legacy count dracula aka vampire with your fucking crap shit twilight
Mythical creatures which were once considered genuinely scary, but are now the laughing stock of the monster world thanks to Stephenie Meyer
and her extreme pile of fail
', otherwise known as 'Necrophilia for Tweens'.
'Hey, have you seen the film Twilight? Those vampires are soooooo scary!!'
"Don't be stupid, those aren't real vampires! Vampires don't sparkle and they're supposed to be scarier than that!"
'... Edward's gonna marry me!'
1. A sanguivore is the kind of vampire with the need for blood. These guys are the real kind, but are mortal, have a reflextion, and are only SENSITIVE to light. They can go out in the sun and eat garlic and touch roses so get that fairytale crap out of your head. They need blood, though. They don't neccesarily LOOK like a vamp or have the folklore vampire lifestyle. AKA a sang vamp.
2. A psy vamp feeds off of energy rather than blood. Sometimes a sang vamp is short on food and resorts to psy techniques. AKA an energy vampire.
3. A vampyre looks like one a vamire, but doesn't neccesairly need blood. A vampyre is "into" the whole vamp thing and can be considered to have a vampire fetish, but doesn't need blood and might not even be into that area.
4. Awakening is when a true vamp goes through a "puberty" of sorts and realizes what they are.
5. Turning is when a normal person becomes a vamp through a scarcely known techinque.
6. Blood Fetishists don't need blood and AREN'T vampires, they just LIKE it, whether it be sexual or just for kicks and giggles.
Vampires aren't modern-day Draculas, they are much more complicated.