someone who shops at Urban Outfitters' stores for everything.
urbanites are usually inside the sales rack, digging through sales clothes.
"welcome to urban outfitters, baby!"
"thanks, what's on sale?"
"a tiny shredder for 5 bucks!"
Urbanites are both a subculture and a contemporary lifestyle. They have 6 key characteristics: Time-poor, city-proud, media-literate, brand-centric, trend-sensitive and culturally-aware.
The British newspaper Metro has listed the 10 "Great expectations" that above all else motivate and drive Urbanites:
01. Expecting to live a meaningful and experience-rich urban life.
02. Expecting to succeed in multiple areas of life (not just career).
03. Expecting to get substantial fulfilment from work (not just cash).
04. Expecting to be at the hub of a large friendship network.
05. Expecting the traditional ideal of "true love" in the modern world.
06. Expecting to have to "make time" in order to have and enjoy time.
07. Expecting to use debt to have what they want, and have it now.
08. Expecting to have a progressive government that delivers results.
09. Expecting to live in a pleasant "urban village" area of their city.
10. Expecting to live a responsible life as an urban consumer.