an urbanite is one who speaks fluent urban language or modern lingo. One who adds to or refers to urbandictionary.com on a regular basis.
I am an urbanite fo sho!
A person who inhabits one of the major cities in the world, aged between 17 and 44. An urbanite is an affluent consumer with an optimistic outlook on life that is very different from those who live in "small town" or rural areas.
Urbanites are both a subculture and a contemporary lifestyle. They have 6 key characteristics: Time-poor, city-proud, media-literate, brand-centric, trend-sensitive and culturally-aware.
The British newspaper Metro has listed the 10 "Great expectations" that above all else motivate and drive Urbanites:
01. Expecting to live a meaningful and experience-rich urban life.
02. Expecting to succeed in multiple areas of life (not just career).
03. Expecting to get substantial fulfilment from work (not just cash).
04. Expecting to be at the hub of a large friendship network.
05. Expecting the traditional ideal of "true love" in the modern world.
06. Expecting to have to "make time" in order to have and enjoy time.
07. Expecting to use debt to have what they want, and have it now.
08. Expecting to have a progressive government that delivers results.
09. Expecting to live in a pleasant "urban village" area of their city.
10. Expecting to live a responsible life as an urban consumer.
I like him: He enjoys living in the city so much, his clothes are always nice, keeps up with popular culture, is always organising events and going to cool places and is very socially conscious though he always complains he doesn't have enough time... He's a total urbanite!
A URBANITE IS A PERSON THAT HANGS OUT ON URBAN DICTIONARY 24 HOURS A DAY IN HOPES THEIR CREATIVE WORDS WILL GET PUBLISHED
THAT DUDES A TOTAL URBANITE HES UP ALL HOURS OF THE NITE SPITTIN PURE GENIUS
A person that goes to, and has discussions on this awesome forum website.
Guy 1: Where do urbanites go to when they use the internet?
Guy 2: Silly, they go to this website. Just type this into your address bar.
Some one from the city metropolis type city like frisco oakland san diego new york la
im from the city im an urbanite
Chunks of concrete resembling rocks.
Etymology: after proper names for naturally-forming rocks and minerals, i.e. rhyolite, kimberlite, etc.
Anybody know of a vacant lot with some urbanite and steel rebar in it?
Any diehard and true fan of Keith Urban, Aussie country star
The urbanites gathered outside the stadium waiting for the doors to open to see Keith Urban.
The common urbandictionary.com user
John: why don't you use dictionary.com?
Shane: well, according to the urbanites, it's for nerds.