Trucker 2: 'bout mile marker 48.
Trucker 1: Ten-four driver. 'preciate 'cha.
2. The decade where while you are an adult and have to do the unpleasant responsibilities such as taxes and paperwork forced unto you by bureaucracies everywhere, you are not taken seriously.
3. The decade in which you feel both as old as a fossil one minute and fearfully young and lost the next.
4. The decade in which you suffer the dreaded quarterlife crisis.
5. The decade where you realize that contrary to what you thought in grade school when writing those "Where will you be in ten years?" papers, you will NOT be living in your very own new house with a brand-new car in the driveway, and you may not even be married or have children.
6. The age group frequently accused (generally unfairly and in response to any news articles about the high rate of unemployment among young adults) of being "entitled."
7. The age group most rivaling teens for being the targets of ageism.
2. Jessica: I'm not a in high school anymore, I'm in my twenties, so stop treating me like a child MOM.
3. Brittany: Ohgod... I'm twenty-seven and I really don't know what to do with my life... and my twenties are almost over. I'm so screwed.
4. James: I thought I had it bad in high school, but so far, the twenties really suck.
5. Brian: So much for having that mansion and Ferrari in my twenties... I have a MASTERS and I'm STILL stuck cashiering at Target.
6. Troll on a news article about how the unemployment of twenty-somethings is at a record high: THOSE POTHEAD HIPPIES KIDS IN THEIR TWENTIES ARE ENTITLED BRATS. They think they have problems? Wait until they leave Mommy and Daddy and have REAL problems.
7. Bitter middle-aged man- "They should make school compulsory for anyone in their twenties, then they won't have to whine about how there's no jobs for them because nobody is retiring."