Function: verb; noun
Inflected Forms (verb/noun): tweeted; tweeting; tweets/ tweets
Etymology: From English tweet
Date: March of 2006, the foundation date of www.twitter.com
: to post a piece of writing under 140 characters in length on the well known website www.twitter.com; usually in a blog-like format that describes the state of being, situation, feelings, and/or random thoughts of the individual (Akin to a Facebook status)
: a single piece of writing one posts on www.twitter.com
<I really need to tweet about this experience on twitter!>
<God! I haven't been able to tweet all day because my computer is down!>
<“You can lead a celeb to twitter but you can't always make them tweet.” -Jonathan Ross>
<Come check out this tweet man. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life! Why would they post a tweet about this! Jeez...*shakes head*>
<I think I just tweeted the least important tweet ever!>
1. A post on Twitter
2. To post a writing on Twitter
3. A weak chirping sound (such as that of a small bird)
4. To make a weak chirping sound
5. To suck your own cock
1. & 2. Sara - "Lol that fat kid is eating cotton candy on a paddle boat"
Jessica- "OMG!!!! I'm going to go on twitter and tweet a tweet so all my friends can join in on the laughter
3. & 4. Eric - "Do you hear that tweet?"
Brett - "Yeah that bird is tweeting?
5. Luther - "Fuck man I'm mad horny, I can't get any pussy and I broke both my arms so I can't even wack off. Oh how I wish I had the ability to tweet..."
A post on Twitter, a real-time social messaging system.
I think I must be following too many people - I'm getting like a thousand tweets per hour.
Is it just my imagination or does Twitter sometimes 'eat' your tweets? Must have a 'tweet tooth' or something. (Jim Turner, 3/16/2008)
A squeeky fart, usually the result of involuntarily passing gas while clenching one's buttocks to prevent a noisy escape of flatulance.
As we leaned in for our first kiss, I felt the pressure building inside me. I tried hard to hold it in, but accidentally released an embarrasing tweet.
The sound the cerebellum emits as it atrophies from the overuse of internet and texting shorthand.
As the celebutant began to compose a message to submit to her Twitter account, her brain began to fail. A distinct "tweet" sound could be heard coming from her head as she collapsed in convulsions.
One female spawn of Kris Jenner down -- four more to go!
n. A pointless update about what you are currently doing
v. To publish a pointless update about what you are doing on Twitter
Sara: Wow, what a lame tweet
Emily: Hey! I just tweeted that!
Jon's Tweet: I am going to tweet. Oops. I just did.
Mike's Tweet: @Jon That could be taken the wrong way dude
1. n. a communication sent via carrier pigeon wherein the carrier pigeon taps the message out in Morse code on the recipients window
2. v. the act of communicationg via carrier pigeon wherein the carrier pigeon taps the message out in Morse code on the recipients window
1. I just sent Biafra a tweet.
2. To tweet or not to tweet. That is the question.
a rolled-up strip of material inserted into the end of your spliff, usu. made from thin cardboard. this term originated in the town of sudbury (ontario, canada) sometime in the 1990s. no one knows where it came from or why it is used in this way, but everyone in this town knows what 'tweet' is, and cannot use the term outside of the bury.
"yo, got any tweet?"
"yo, the tweet fell out of the dube"