Origin: Prof. Albert Hoffman first discovered the psychadelic properties of LSD after accidentally injesting the chemical. He started to hallucinate when riding his bicycle (hence the name 'trip') and continued to ride until he was sober, which created the famous holiday called 'Bicycle Day'
2. Can be used fuguratively in a way that is very often used to describe things that are crazy, chaotic, cool, or ,esp., figuratively capable of inducing hallucinations.
3. Also in adjective form the word is trippy.
2. Wow that ride is a real (crazy) trip!
3. That's a trippy pen (because of its flashing lights).
1. to take hallucinogenic drugs, such as LSD
2. to act crazy (as from hallucinogenic drugs)
3. to overreact
2. Look at that vagrant, talking to himself. He's toatlly tripping.
3. I'm only 4 months behind on rent. Don't trip.