1635–45; < It trillo quaver or warble in singing ≪
Gmc; cf. D give trillen to vibrate, late ME trillen to shake or rock (something)
verb (used with object)
1. to sing or play with a vibratory or quavering effect.
2. Phonetics. to produce (a sound) with a trill.
3. (of birds, insects, etc.) to sing or utter in a succession of rapidly alternating sounds.
verb (used without object)
4. to resound vibrantly, or with a rapid succession of sounds, as the voice, song, or laughter.
5. to utter or make a sound or succession of sounds resembling such singing, as a bird, frog, grasshopper, or person laughing.
6. to execute a shake or trill with the voice or on a musical instrument.
7. Phonetics. to execute a trill, esp. with the tongue, as while singing, talking, or whistling.
8. the act or sound of trilling.
9. Music. a rapid alternation of two adjacent tones; a shake.
10. a similar sound, or succession of sounds, uttered or made by a bird, an insect, a person laughing, etc.
a. a sequence of repetitive, rapid, vibratory movements produced in any free articulator or membrane by a rush of air expelled from the lungs and often causing a corresponding sequence of contacts between the vibrating articulator and another organ or surface.
b. a speech sound produced by such a trill.
perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.’
This word was formed in 1986 by Eric Charon. (aka Sir Trill.) He took the words true and real to describe his demeanor. He spelled it Treal. He began to use it in the streets of Port Arthur. The word got to UGK rapper Bun B thru a mutual friend of Bun B and Sir Trill. UGK Then released they first underground record called the Southern Way in 1992 which they spelled the word t-r-i-l-l. This became the new spelling that is used today
others say Too Real = trill
Trill is when you punch in that clock overtimin
Trill is when you keep it real one hundred percent
And hold it down for your team run your game full sprint
Trill is when you never fake, trill is when you real
Chasin after dollar bills, gotta get it how you live
Trill is when you hustle so you go out there and get it
Doin whatever you gotta do to make a meal ticket
- Paul Wall "Trill"
-David Banner "So Trill"
"i still tote steal, give a fuck how you feel, we some southern og's, trill recognize trill"
-Bun B "Trill Recognize Trill"
Guitar Player 2: It's real simple, all you gotta do is...*demonstrates perfect trill*
Guitar Player 1: Your hands are godly.