Relating to canon pairings in anime.
Lina/Gourry and Ameria/Zelgadiss are the TRAD pairings in Slayers.
Traditional; typically used in the context of clothing, grooming, and other aspects of one's personal presentation. An item is "trad" if it either (a) was manufactured during the relevant time period, usually the 1930s through 1950s, or (b) is a modern item with design aspects inherited from or complementary with that time period.
That Brooks Brothers sack blazer is very trad!
A skinhead who is not racist, nor vehemently anti-racist (sharp
), but is apolitical and interested only in "traditional" skinhead music and culture.
trads don't care about your politics, they are just normal working class skinheads
Adjective used by rock climbers to describe a technique of self-protection or a particular climb which does not involve the use of bolts.
I have never climbed a bolted route. I am strictly a trad climber.
trad is short for traditional, a way of saying somthing is particularly cool or hip. similar to rad.
Check out that caddy, those are some trad wheels
1) An old Norse word, expressing regret over the loss of another's food.
2) Wicked Retarded
Trads, Bagsecg, I've eaten the pies
Formally know as the Traditions, the Trads are the premiere all-male acappella group at Macalester College
. Composed of first years to seniors, they perform for campus events year round, usually with a large turn out. Some of their traditions include:
- Electing the Rod, the senior head of the Trads.
- Electing the Bitch, the favorite first-year member.
- Drinking alcohol before performances.
- Wearing tacky, plaid blazers to performances.
- Picking random girls in the audience to serenade/embarrass on stage.
- Performing the Bitch Song, in which the Bitch sings a clever little diddy about S&M to a girl of his choice, and is then whipped by her with a member's belt.
- Just doing random things that will make you laugh, and have an overall enjoyable experience.
The Traditions are well worth watching (drunk) at least once during your Macalester experience.
The Trads were great last night! That may be the hangover talking though...
The term given to traditional students who are dazed and not as sophisticated as the students in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program which is an academically rigorous program designed to give that student hell as well as accomplishment.
Stupid trads, can't even add without their fingers.