2. (Hockey) A team that proves that management never has to field a winning team if the fans are sufficiently deluded/fanatical, and keep buying season tickets "just in case".
3. A Canadian city that is probably a little too full of itself (in terms of thinking of itself as "world class", etc.), but is still a good place to live.
Toronto Summer 2005
Toronto from Lake Ontario
Toronto at night
CN Tower in Toronto
Also, all these small-town farmboys and rural mofos that talk about our crime problem and shit really have no idea what they're talking about because they are too busy fornicating with farm animals and relatives to come to Toronto to experience it first hand.
Besides, we have the hottest women in the world, including Paris and New York. Period.
- Toronto has wealth, power and influence. Most Canadians resent anyone that is more successful than they are (penis envy).
- It is the most diverse city in Canada. Most trailor trashes and rednecks are naturally not going to like the city. That's why they are in places like Barrie or North Bay.
- Toronto media and culture dominates the country and Canadians are too weak and stupid to either change the channel or read any other newspaper other than the Globe and Mail
- Toronto is a magnificent city that works extremely well for a city its size. Most countries support and nourish their great cities. However, Canadians have this natural tendency to tear down anything that reminds them what they are not - sophisticated and successful.
Toronto is the city of the future. It is a hip, fun, lively city for that sets the benchmark for other Canadian cities.
Ps. Those people who have been dislocated from Toronto because they were not bright or hungry enough to make it, or who resent the inflow of immigrants because they make white people feel like a minority in the city - STAY OUT. The city does not need any more stupid trailor trash, pikes, crack whores, rednecks or any other losers to pollute its gene pool.
"My city sucks, so I'll just rag on Toronto."
"I've never been to Toronto, but my mommy says it is bad."
"Toronto is the greatest."
"I'm a racist Albertan, so I don't like Toronto!"
"Oh no, Toronto makes us rednecks feel like a minority! Time to take the truck back to the farm in Alberta."
"Quebec sucks, parts of Montreal look like they are about to be demolished. Until you realize people actually live there! I wish I could leave this place and get to Toronto!"
Inspires many negative definitions on the website urbandictionary.com. Some have suggested that this proliferation may result from Torontonians having better things to do in their city than writing diatribes about other cities. Residents of these other cities are afforded more solitude and idle time from a lack of nearby entertainment.
Most residents of Toronto proper and visitors agree that it is a city that is coming into its own as worldwide destination. Proudly boasts the least crime of all major cities in Canada and a storied hockey team that will hopefully win the Stanley Cup again before the next ice age.