commonly used to bridge descriptions of a scenario and the evoked reaction.
Uniquely applied to precede:
1. non-verbal description,
2. dramatization, or
3. extreme use of slang.
Reserved for casual peer-peer discussion. Misuse in official or formal setting is suggestive of poor education or lower intelligence.
1. (non-verbal demonstrative) ex: speaker plugs nose, or expresses look of shock..
2. "there is no way in hell I'm doing your laundry Mister!"
3. "nu-uh.. no you ditin... uh-ah"
"she's a proper girl she's always got to be like:
1. (non-verbal demonstrative) ex: speaker tilts head back and to side slightly closing eyes
2. "we can't break a rule we'd go to hell"
3. "little miss priss" "somethin something"
addressing a police officer, judge, or doctor.
"you could hear his car pull up and then it'd be like:
1. (non-verbal demonstrative) speaker punches fist
2. "a war was going on inside"
3. "time to cut out"