A person who makes some kind of awkward comment on a status thread, which stops the thread dead in it's tracks.
Some of the reasons for the thread stopping on the thread killer's comment:
1. Other threaders don't know this person well, so take the comment in a negative light.
2. They remember her/him being a "weirdo" in school/former or current job, etc.
3. Other comments in the past by the thread killer were confusing and possibly: crude, inappropriate or might appear hurtful, due to the absence of a smilies or winkies.
Look at how long this badminton status thread was going, until Brian commented this:
The best strategy is to try to hit the shuttlecock straight into the opponent's naughty places.
He sure is a thread killer!
One that posts the final response to a post on a newsgroup, composed of an initial post about a topic and all responses to it.
Johnny once again became the thread killer as no one had a response to his irrelevant, off topic comment, befoere it was archived
1. Someone who makes the last post in a forum thread.
2. A mod who is known for killing threads when they get off topic.
3. A person in a forum that is notorious for getting threads locked by the mods.
1. Nobody knows how to respond to bashturn's brilliant stupidity, so he is often a thread killer.
2. JPKeates usually explains why a thread must end with a great last post. He is a very accomplished thread killer.
3. CJ and Dug are thread killers, six threads got locked today because of their off topic ramblings.
One who posts in a very popular thread on a message board, and then kills it. It will stay 'dead' from 20 minutes to a week, then the thread is fucked, and has no chance of become a great thread again. Just like a pron star that had testy cancer.
new post made by 'FolksyChipmunk' at: 2:34 AM June 24, 2001
currant date and time: 7:58 PM April 23, 2006
therefor he is a 'thread killer'