Some of the reasons for the thread stopping on the thread killer's comment:
1. Other threaders don't know this person well, so take the comment in a negative light.
2. They remember her/him being a "weirdo" in school/former or current job, etc.
3. Other comments in the past by the thread killer were confusing and possibly: crude, inappropriate or might appear hurtful, due to the absence of a smilies or winkies.
The best strategy is to try to hit the shuttlecock straight into the opponent's naughty places.
He sure is a thread killer!
2. A mod who is known for killing threads when they get off topic.
3. A person in a forum that is notorious for getting threads locked by the mods.
2. JPKeates usually explains why a thread must end with a great last post. He is a very accomplished thread killer.
3. CJ and Dug are thread killers, six threads got locked today because of their off topic ramblings.
yeah it was great until that guy posted the cameltoe pic!
i know, what a threadkiller.
currant date and time: 7:58 PM April 23, 2006
therefor he is a 'thread killer'