- Hangs out around the auditorium/chorus/band/drama room in school
- Wears a shirt advertising their next production
- Has an abnormal amount of inside jokes with other theatre kids
- spells theater, theatre
- Drinks some form of caffeine compulsively
- Obsessed with with any of the following musicals; Spring Awakening, RENT, Title of Show or anything else that no one in the main stream would know of.
- At school at odd times AKA late after school, weekends, early mornings
- Has no sense of awkwards boundaries around fellow theatre kids
- makes lots of sexual jokes towards other theatre kids
- Too close to their theatre advisor
- in choir or band
- LOVES to perform to a fault
Naw, I don't like musicals or sexual advances from strangers back stage in the dark!
1. Musical Theatre Kid- These are the ones who have more showtunes on their ipods than regular music.They are the ones that idolize Broadway stars instead of MTV stars. They spend hours on YouTube looking up bootleg videos of their favorite Broadway Shows. These are the kids who cannot listen to a song without choreographing a number to it in their heads. They can also be found making up harmonies to various Broadway showtunes with their friends.
2. Straight Theatre Kid- There is only a VERY slight difference between the Straight Theatre Kid and the Musical Theatre Kid. The Straight Theatre Kid is much more focused on acting, where as the Musical Theatre kid thinks more of singing and dancing. A Straight Theatre kid is quite a snob about acting. They love Broadway shows just as much, but will only audition for Musicals if there is a strong acting part. No fluff roles for these kids.
3. A Mixture Of Both- a fierce breed. Let's just say, these kids are bound for fame, because if you are truely an all around Theatre Kid, your life is completely consumed with nothing but fine arts. FIERCE! :]
-you practically live at the theatre
-your most common excuse is you have rehearsal
-you know to find your light and stay there
-just because he dances, doesn't mean he likes men
-you like to frolick around, sing show tunes, and get very touchy-feely with others
-guys helping girls get dressed/undressed and vice versa isn't wierd
-your second nature is to hug everyone and cry without worrying what others think
-breaking legs is all in a days work
-one word: caffine
-getting home at midnight on a weeknight is normal
-sleep? who needs sleep?
-you carry around a tooth brush, sewing kit, and deoderant. just incase
-an 8 hour rehearsal i heaven
-you see your cast mates more than your family
-your cast mates become your family!
-no matter how tempting, you don't touch other people's props
-you don't get upstage and downstage confused
-you know where every fast food restaurant, dunkin donuts, and starbucks is within 10 minutes away
-you think singing is a sport because it works out your abs
-you don't get in the way of the running crew because you know you will be sorry
-you KNOW not to provoke your stage manager and director durring hell week
-techies rule the world
-you have felt up someone of the same gender but aren't gay
-eating in costume? are you crazy??
-you have "crazy" warm ups
-you have a preshow ritual. and it changes each show
-you know the correct spelling is "theatRE"
Regular kid: what the heck?
Theatre kid: what?
Regular kid: you guys just started singing in the middle of our conversation!?
Theatre kid: yes, and?
2. A horny, highschool kid who treats life like a sexual innuendo and uses racism and sexism as daily tools of entertainment. Often joke about having sex, though few ever really ever have partaken in it. Often subject to drama caused by other theatre kids. Not to be mistaken with band kids, who are similar to theatre kids, but with more herpes. Often make fun of jocks and cheerleaders, unless of course, they too consider themselves theatre kids. Laughs at other people's judgments of them. Must also be able to be defined by the first definition of theatre kid as well.
Person 2: No, they're theatre kids.
Person 1: Oh... really? My mistake. I guess I didn't catch that... I thought theatre kids were more violent when they did that kind of stuff...
Karen: Um, DUH. Idiot.
Phil: Sheesh, Stuck-up theatre kid. Just forget it.