Everyday, millions of children march to school with drudgery and resistance. As young children, they go in open-hearted and free -- at night, they imagine that their tiny hands can reach up and touch the birds. The entire world is a new place and the fascination of beauty never subsides. But as older adolescents leaving their high school, they go close-minded and bondaged -- at night, they drink themselves into passing out and talk about the most popular thing to come, under obligation. The boys worry about their sexual conquests. The girls worry about their sexual appearance. Both worry about being social in a society that has made a weakness of kindness and an insult of emotion. Such a great change occurs between those who enter school and those who leave it.more...
Just think of the sheer idiocy of compulsary education. We threaten these children with imprisonment if they do not appear in class. Once in class, they spend their time either sleeping or completing tasks that are completely irrelevant to them. By giving them no option in their schooling, what have we taught them? The first lesson they learn is to detest learning, to hold unbridled sympathy for education. Take any man, put him in chains, and force him to recite poetry, or force him to play an instrument, or force him to farm the land -- and once he becomes a free man, do you think he will want to engage in that activity that was forced upon him? The scars on a slaves hands from working the fields, the memories o...
The department within a business responsible for the progression of the company through people management. Usually hated by employees at lower levels due to managers passing on their dirty work i.e disciplinaries, firing and redundancies.
Manaer to employee:
Don't worry Jack, I'm the best manager in the world and I'll make sure you won't lose your job.
Manager to Human Resources Rep:
This Jack guy is a liabilaty. I need to get rid of him, will you dismiss him for me.
Jack to his friends:
My manager was great. He did everything he could to save my job but HR fired me. Fucking pricks!
By far and unfortunately, the most popular sport in the world. These players get taken off in stretchers over a rolled ankle, they whine and complain and cry over the tiniest injuries. EVERYtime they fall, you can be sure they won't get up after a few minutes. Sure, it's straight running for 45 minutes for two halves. Who gives a shit? Cross Country you run A LOT more, but does that make Cross Country more of a sport than Soccer? Probably not. Then there's this moving backwards and passing backwards which means VERY LITTLE scoring which makes it impossible to watch. Yeah, only a true soccer fan can detect the eye-popping moves, not the case for the casual sports fan. Sure it takes a lot of skill, and I mean A LOT of skill to play soccer, but it's not very noticable and not very entertaining... at all. Oh, and no sport should EVER be a sport if it ends in a fucking TIE. Ties do not show what team is better and it's never worth watching 3 seconds of the match if you know it's going to end in a tie. Meanwhile, you got one handed touchdowns, slam dunks, and home runs. Then you got TOUGH athletes like Donovan McNabb playing on one leg, Brett Favre throwing TDs with 2 working fingers, and Richard Hamilton scoring 25 points with a broken face. Then there's Michael Jordan's last second shots and John Elway's last minute drives. There's not much you can expect in the last minute of soccer games. And yes, American Football players do wear pads. You say soccer doesn't need pads becau...more...
Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy. Our nourishment of choice is Love. Our addiction of choice is technology.more...
Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none.
Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be. You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence.
We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you. We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naive children...
We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself.
We are The Massive. One Massive.
We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother's heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring.
We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it,
We came to accept that we are all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal.
And somewhere around 35 Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits,
Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magi...
Here you can find guys sporting the brightest polos possible, making sure their shorts are just as bright and plaid. Girls enjoy wearing Lily shirts and skirts with little prints of flamingos or magarita glasses. Several try to act "hardcore", wearing tight clothing and dying their hair all different colors. The word "emo" is used very frequently as it has become defined as anyone that is remotley different or is sometimes defined as the emotion of sadness. If you took a vote on how many people know what's going on in the world, you'd be sadly dismayed. Instead of the high school working on education, they continue to try and fix the track field, hoping it might help the football team do better-so far failing in their attempts. Wilton is constantly in competition with our neighboring towns, most likely fighting about whose collar is popped higher or who drinks more-seeing as finding a child who isn't addicted to drugs or alcohol is a difficult feat. The high school administration throws a couple black kids, some asians, and maybe an indian kid into the school and considers themselves diverse. Walking places is impossible and there is virtually nothing to do until you get your liscense-unless you feel like hanging out in the center with all the kids who scare adults by wearing excessive amounts of black and passing around weed. Or you could always go to Trackside, where kids sit and smoke where they're parents can't catch them. The school attempts to "shelter" their childr...more...
1) All of existence; All things known and unknown to man; the whole incompassed reality preceived and unpreceived; all things including time space and other unidentified dementional planes.more...
2) The abstract concept of an intelligent creator of all of existence, physical and metaphysical; the creator of the heavens, the earth, man, and all of life.
3) A deity with power and domain on Earth and in the nether worlds; an interdementional being; a terrestrial being technologically capable of traveling through dementional planes,thusly passing through time space; an Alien; an Angel; a Demon
4) The creator figure worshipped by Jewish, Christian, and Islamic religions;
The single intelegant all knowing all powerful leader of man and spirit.
5) A deity worshipped by non Jews, non Christians, non Islamics; a pagan deity worshipped for it's attributed earthly or cosmic powers and responsabilities.
6) A human with a moving presence and purpose; a person that captures the essence of a time, era, movement, or media; a Rock Star,Poet, Artist, Political Leader, etc. that moves someone or some group of people profondly.
7) An extremelly sexually attractive person; An extremelly proficient sexual partner.
1. The most popular sport in the worldmore...
2. A game in which you actually have to be able to run for at least 90 minutes straight (unlike 'American Football' where they stop 'playing' every 2 minutes). It involves speed, strength, skill as well as a shit load of practice and dedication. If you've never played it and you're bashing it anyway, get the fuck off your ass and try to do anything close to what the professionals can do. It's harder than it looks, jackass.
Lazy fuck: Hey look at me, I'm a lazy fuck that has nothing better to do than sit on my ass and make fun of things I know nothing about!
Soccer player: *Punches lazy fuck in the face*
3. The world's best sport. To the american football fans that bash it saying it involves no skill, try the following:
1. Put a ball in the upper corner with 5 men blocking your way
2. Drible 3 players without getting the ball stolen
3. Keep the ball in the air for 10 minutes straight without using your hands.
When you can acheive it, then tell me soccer needs no skill. About you saying it's a "pussy" sport, there are soccer players that play with broken hands and/or fingers (because it is FOOTball), you can badly damage your knee, legs, ankles, etc because you only use shin protection.
Soccer pwns american ...