1)Always yield the Hands-On Imperative! Access to computers-- and andything else which might teach you about the way the world works-- should be unlimited and total.
2) All information should be free.
3) Mistrust Authority-- Promote Decentralization.
4) Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such as degrees, age, race, or position.
5) You can create art and beauty on a computer.
6) Computers can change your life for the better.
While many of the 1960s hackers claim that modern hackers have rejected this code, it has actually strongly influenced all hackers for the last thirty years.