Three main definitions:
1.) To say something insulting or rude about another person, either to their face or behind their back.
2.) To make a statement that is exaggerated or flat-out untrue
3.) To say something negative behind someone's back that you wouldn't say to their face.
1.) She likes to talk a lot of shit when she gets drunk, "That guy is a fucking creepy stalker", when all the guy did was try to start up a conversation with her.
2.) "I can skate so ill, I did a 50/50 to a frontside boardside and landed doing a manual" or "My cousin's best friend in high school was Tony Hawk, and one day I met him and we chiefed some killer bud together!"...statement made my a poser "skater" who can barely do an ollie while in place on a skate.
3.) "She's such a whore", said in a serious way, by a girl who is actually good friends with another girl who just happens to be dating a guy she kind of liked; a comment made out of flat-out jealousy or envy.
All general examples of what it is to talk shit.
1. To say something uncalled-for or rude
2. To say something for the purpose of instigating a strong (possibly negative) reaction
3. To speak lies behind a person's back
4. To make empty threats
1. "Damn your mom was good in bed last night"
2. "You're ex-boyfriend told me that his vacuum cleaner can give better head."
3. "She sucks all her boyfriend's friend's dicks!"
4. "I'm gonna break your kneecaps open and make you drink the fluid"
To exagerate greatly, to out and out lie, especially when concerning one's own accomplishments.
"I was the best basketball player in my school-- I was the reason they won the state championship" <--- said by a benchwarmer.
To have a random talk with some over nothing or have no meaning what so ever
we talk shit for hours but dont get anywere