origionally intended for off-roaders and people who needed a truck and a van at the same time. Now they are used mostly by pricks, dicks and assholes. Soccormoms love these because they can put their 300lb kid in the back, let him watch a DVD so she doesn't have to be a parent while she talks on her cellphone (almost killing innocent motorists in cars and pedestrians) on her way to the soccor game where everybody is special so they all win. SUVs can be divided into 3 catagories
1) Fullsized- overbuilt, overpowered four-wheel-drive beheemouths with more luxury than a 4star hotel i.e. Esclades, Excursions, Navigators, Hummers
2) "Crossovers"- underbuilt, underpowered wuss-mobiles designed so that some people can feel good that they are not driving a tank when in fact, they are even worse because they still waste fuel and space, drive like idiots and should really be driving a van or car. Forgein companies from Asia and Europe often sell these too.
3) Suburbans- Still a full-sized SUV with luxury and four-wheel-drive, but actually designed to tow and work. idiots from catagory 1 still buy suburbans, but so do people who actually work the truck like a truck.
I was crossing the street when some bitch in a SUV hit me. She got pissed off at me (eventhough she ran the light because she was doing her make-up and chatting on her cell) because my face scratched her bumper.
Sport Utility Vehicle. Neither a sport vehicle nor a utility vehicle. A whack, fakeass (and successful) attempt by the motor vehicle industry to lure in overpaid middle class workaholic moms who think that they need a 3 ton vehicle to carry their stupid kids to soccer practice.
"My old car got 38 miles per gallon and could carry only 4 people; despite the fact that i am a divorced mother of one, i had to upgrade to a vehicle that got 13 miles per gallon and could carry 10 people."
Gas-guzzling motor vehicle designed for off-road driving while only 5% of SUV owners ever go off road
Driven by Asshole
s who are too preoccupied with showing off their vanity than saving the enviroment.
Stop making fun of my SUV...my luxury is more important than your child's clean air!
1. A practical vehicle if you live in rural Michigan and actually have a need for 4 wheel drive.
2. An nauseatingly irresponsible vehicle if you live in Miami and drive it solely because noone going to tell you that you can't.
Regardless, there is no reason that auto manufacturers shouldn't be required to increase the fuel efficiency of these beasts.
If you drive an SUV and bitch about gas prices, you are a fucking asshole and might even be our current president.
Stupid Useless Vehicle
"Get your Stupid Useless Vehicle off the road!"
A type of pick-up truck with an attached camper shell and seats in the cargo bed.
Never intended for passenger use on the highway, is cheaper to manufacture due to loophole in federal laws regulating passenger saftey. Despite the manufacturing economy, on of the most expensive types of motor vehicles to own and operate-high accident and theft rate, low re-sale value, and poor performance and fuel economy.
Prone to roll over and kill all occupants from something as simple as a failed tire. The lack of structure mandated for real passenger vehicles allows the 'SUV' to cave in upon rollover, while even the cheapest passenger car is legally required to have a roll cage in the roof structure.
Marketed as a more cool replacement for the minivan or station wagon. Often seen in news reports as the scene of multiple fatalities resulting from a blown tire. There is a new generation of vehicles marketed as suv or hybrid vehicles, these are not as dangerous, being based on minivan or car chassis-engineered for use on paved surfaces.
Mom flipped her suv.
Gas-powered compensations for a little winkies.
My no no special stick is inverted and looks like an anus with a beard, but damn can I cut people off with this who-jigger.