A name given to a personal lifestyle choice in order to make it sound 'cool'. The lifestyle consists of the respectful choices to not do drugs, have casual sex, or drink alcohol. Basically these people choose to respect their own body in every way. Some people that follow this lifestyle may put X's on there hands and a bandana over their nose and mouth in order to try and further make this lifestyle look 'cool'. For some that follow this lifestyle they may think it makes them better then everyone else and will go around letting everyone know they are 'straight edge', what these people don't realize is no one gives a shit
. Others who follow this type of lifestyle will only let people know at appropriate times. These people are the respectful ones, but they still sound stupid calling themselves straight edge.
Guy 1: Dude do you want to smoke some, have a drink or find some girls to fuck?
Guy 2: No man I am straight edge.
Guy 1: Oh... alright dude that's fine, that's actually respectful, but I hope you know you sound like a Faggot when you say you are "straight edge".
Used when stupid teens think they are cool and drug free!
If you are under 18 and are straight edge, dont think your cool.
You are following the fucking law!
Omg did you know that hxc straigtedge kid tony?
dude he is not straight edge!! hes following the law.
A lifestyle choice in which a person abstains from use of alcohol, drugs, smoking, and in most cases, promiscuous sex. The philosophy being that this lifestyle is more healthy. I have to agree.
Everyone in that punk rock band is straight edge! That must be why they sound so good!
1. The state of abstaining from illegal drugs, booze, tobacco and premiscous sex (last is up for debate). Started with Minor Threat.
2. A cornerstone of the Hardcore music scene (hXc) where the gang mentality and that smug "I'm Better Than You" attitude dominates a good amount of edgers. A good thing until scenesters fucked it up.
1. Nah, I don't want any. I'm straight edge.
2. Fuck off, I don't poison my body with that shit (sucker punches the guy).
An underground horror punk band. The members are Evan Poe, John Traveras, Sean Burke, Max Reimont, Matt McCarthy. They also have a guest rapper, named Cahman. They have songs such as While the city Burns, Catologue of Injustice, and The Victimizer (Godheaded Mind)
Ben: This music is really.. strange
Sean: It's my band, Straight edge
hey, wanna see my straight edge?
1. Originally a sign for a minor at concerts.
2. Someone who does not partake ingage in things that to some people would be harmful to oneself
3. No fuck, no drink, no drugs
That girl is so straight edge... want to try and get her drunk?