1. a waste of code designed to turn good games (like CS, dod) into piles of shit,
2. the worst way to update games,
3. a REALLY bad idea,
4. a way of getting 56k players off half-life in the hope to reduce lag but because of the fuckups in code its laggy with more than 4 people playing on a server,
5. what you get if you fart on a cold day
steam is made for valves to laugh at
A one-shot-one-kill weapon usable by gaming companies to kill a game. See "awp".
Online gaming store/client/DRM service created by Valve corporation. Games can be bought on Steam, and there are often game sales and bonus pack deals for promotions (Bioshock sold for $10.00 on Boxing Day). There is also a social networking aspect a la Facebook, where you can make friends, join gaming groups, etc.
There are a growing number of games which are using Steam for DRM purposes. These games are, once installed, tied directly to Steam and not your computer. The pro to this is that you can play said game on ANY computer with Steam installed using your account. Games also update themselves automatically. The con is that is that Steam has to be running for the game to play, althought offline mode exists.
The other definitons are outdated and don't represent the improvements Steam has made over the years.
Steam is a great gaming service and the least obnoxious forms of DRM. Yes it is still rather slow but the pros truly outweight the cons. Secu-ROM can burn in hell.
1. Noun. The gaseous form of water, H20.
2. Noun. An excellent idea that manifested itself in an extremely buggy and sometimes stupid program. Automatic patching? Great! A friends network? Why didn't they think of that before? A program slower than a sloth? Not good.
1. James Watt was principle in the development of an engine working using the pressure of super-heated steam.
2. Steam took too long to update itself, so the uber-1337 WON veteran Jimmy smashed his computer, before realising that he could just shut down steam and play Counter-Striike 1.5
Why does Friends Network work only about 25% of the time?
A program or web service
that gains a poor reputation for being released in a buggy
or incomplete state, and which then gradually improves until becoming a powerful tool/platform but cannot lose the negative stigma.
e.g. Steam, Windows 9x, Warcraft 3 beta, Star Wars: Galaxies
Forget CZ, if we release now we'll get a good STEAMING from out customers.
The only thing on the face of the earth that could have so many errors. Using it is like unwanted anal sex by some big burly man named Betty.
2)Satan's HL replacement for WON.
Wow, gg steam. GJ with making 24 out of the 29 people on NAR#2 the Gorge Hideout server randomly drop, completely ruining the game.
Wait... why are 666 and a bunch of pentagrams with stars in them included in the steam help file?
Short for "Steaming pile of shit".
No example needed. Seriously.
a useless program that gets in your way of playing CS, wastes your time, and does absolutely nothing.
what the fuck does steam do?