1. noun, The wing or foil at the rear of a car providing downforce, often made with form rather than function in mind, to adorn the rear of the cars driven around your town centre by mouth-breathers
who think they're in The Fast & the Furious
2. noun, A piece of information likely to ruin dramatic tension in any piece of entertainment if discovered too early. Usually any plot development revealed more than a third of the way through the story. She's a man, he's a ghost, it's his sledge, he's a clone, etc.
3. verb, To ruin any piece of entertainment by revealing such information.
4. verb, To protect others from entertainment being ruined by obscuring such information from them.
1. Look at that mean spoiler on his Honda
, it goes well with the over-sized exhaust
2. I would tell you who Kaizer Soze
is, but it's a massive spoiler.
3. Please don't spoiler Bioshock
Infinite for me, I can't play it until after my exams.
4. I wish you'd spoilered that Breaking Bad
post, I'm only on season two.
Another acronym for the police, used in the same way as 'gavvers', 'feds' etc
Oh look out, here come the spoilers. Let's whistle the Laurel & Hardy tune to annoy them
Internet slang: A unknown fact within a series (generally of a future event) that ruins the tension and mystery for newer fans.
What constitutes a spoiler is often debatable but a good rule for determining one is the "3 of 6 rule". The "six" are Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How. If a comment has atleast three of these six then it can generally be called a spoiler.
One of the only exceptions to the "3 of 6 rule" is "X dies" or "X is dead" as this is still considered a spoiler because the When or How is generally considered irrelevent when it comes to deaths.
"Vader, Luke" >This statement is WHO+WHO
and thus doesnt convey a spoiler as no information is being revieled.
"Vader is Luke's Father" >This is WHO+WHO+WHAT
, and thus fits the "3 of 6 rule" and is a spoiler.
Basically means the dogs bollocks! it pretty much can't be beaten!
Yo Dave that Gammon you cooked for dinner was an absolute spoiler!
That girl I rinsed out last night was a right spoiler!!!
when you are in a good mood and someone who with there very presence enters a room or talks to you and takes your entire good mood away.
sh!t, here comes spoiler...
you damn spoiler. That bra is such a spoiler!!!
a bad team which spoils a good team from getting to the playoffs
my team was 8-5 just like the Bolts, and we were fighting for the last spot on the playoffs, and on the last week of the season, the 2-11 Rangers team beat us and became the spoiler of our playoff hopes
A pice of bodywork usuall on the rear of a car which "spoils" the airflow, thereby creating downforce over the rear wheels. Which everyone knows except Will Rastall...
see also jessops
How am i supposed to know what a spoiler is?