a short distance to travel
the store is a spiff up the avenue
1. Verb: To dress up, especially stylishly.
2. Interjection: Exclamation similar to nifty
3. Proper Noun: Part of the name of Spaceman Spiff
one of the many alter-egos of the ever-awesome Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes
4. Adjective: spiffy
. Again, similar to nifty
5. Noun: spiffy
. A cool, especially shiny, object.
Other variations include:
-Spiff-tastic (Adjective and interjection, combination of words spiff
-Spiffmeister (Noun or title, one who is spiffy)
-Spiffify (verb, to make spiffy)
-Spiffig (adjective, English with German adjective suffix)
-Muy Spiffendo (Interjection, Spanglish)
-Spiffiness (Abstract noun, similar to "love" or "joy")
1. You're all spiffed up today."
2. You won the contest? Spiff!
3. Spaceman Spiff, over and out.
4. That's a spiffy song.
5. Look at my spiffy! It's shiny!
-You can just feel the spiffiness.
-I need to spiffify my outfit.
A bonus payment for closing a sale or making a deal go through. Unlike commission, spiff is paid out directly in cash, from the manager/owner/whatever to the salesperson, pretty much immediately upon the completion of the sale.
You just sold a $5000 diamond ring? You're gonna get some sweet spiff on that!
Spaceman, yo. Investigates strange planets and has a cool-ass flying saucer and goggles.
It is another word for swag. Originated from the word "spiffy". Used to describe anything that is cool. Also used in the same context as swag.
Is all about that spiff doe!
1. Noun- Someone who is conceited or overly confident in an annoying way. Usually refered to males.
2. Noun- Someone who is dressed in a flashy, obnoxious style.
Boys who post shirtless pictures of themselves on facebook are spiffs.
"You are such a spiff," James said when he saw Eric's silver chain.
The center of all Lameness, in the universe.
You are, The Great Spiff.
A shortened version of the 1950's style word Spiffy.
Dude your car is Spiff to the Max