When someone lands a trick skateboarding, but he has to do a whole lot of maneuvering to stay on the board.
joe- dude did you see chase land that 540 flip over the gap.
jake- yeah , but it was sketchy though.
1) someone or something that just isnt right.
2) the feeling you get the morning after usuing a lot of drugs, most commonly associated with extacy.
3) something unsafe
4) someone or something that gives off a bad feeling
i dunno, his story sounds kind of sketchy
i cant come in to work today, im sketchy
Sara is kind of a sketchy person to hang out with because she gets drunk a lot and she tends to get other people in trouble.
The directions on this worksheet are sketchy. I do not think that they are giving the correct information on how to multiply fractions.
creepy, iffy, fairly unsafe, an air of uncertainty, not kosher, and just generally something or someone that you don't want to be associated with (or really do want to be associated with, depending on who you are...)
1. That guy staring at me is really sketchy.
2. This Waffle House
is really sketchy.
3. I don't know if I like Steve's driving--it's kinda sketchy.
This expression was first coined in reference to hastily drawn out, or sketched, building/construction plans, which were uncertain at best and disastrous at worst. The overall thread of meaning is the same, but now applies to morality/legality. On the overall continuim of goodness, things progress, in order: safe, sketchy, shady, outright criminal.
Getting wasted and gambling away half your paycheck in Nevada may be legal, but its definitely sketchy.
A really shady character, not one you would want to meet in a dark alleyway
Did you see that guy back there? He was really sketchy.
1. Adj. - Describes a person that has taken too much Speed and has become untrustworthy and unpredictable.
2. Also used to describe a place or action that is worrisome or unconfortable.
1. I am not letting that Sketchy-ass Sketcher borrow my car. He's a Fuckin' Speed Freak.
2. 6th Street is pretty sketchy at night.
Acting in a manner that is erratic, unpredictable, or untrustworthy; accompanied by paranoia, nervousness, and fidgeting - usually associated with meth
"Jeez, that guy was sketchy. I bet he hasn't slept in days"