Skeptic: He uses something called Cold Reading, he isn't even very good at it.
Skeptic: Dumb ass.
They think they know everything about everything when in actuality a skeptic is the mirror image of the people they despise because they believe what they want to believe despite evidence to the contrary.
Skeptic: There is no evidence that yoga is beneficial for anything. Any claims of the healing power of yoga can only be attributed to a placebo effect.
Yoga instructor: What a douche.
This behavior only serves to make the individual look like a poser intellectual, and an prick who takes the fun out of everything.
Person B: Why the hell did you bother coming to ruin the fun, dickwad.
1. a tendency to completely misunderstand intellectual concepts such as burden shifting in a debate;
2. holding out as an authority on subjects about which he or she has no training or expertise;
3. an inability to respond to any argument or evidence beyond bleeting tired cliches memorized from JREF web forums, "Amazing Meetings" or from such intellecutal "giants" as Richard Dawkins, James Randi, and their ilk;
4. a slavish devotion to science, despite not having seriously, or even not at all, pursued an education or career in a given discipline;
5. a killjoy with a supernatural ability to suck the fun and life out of any gathering of people simply by entering the room.