ly poor health, infirm
, sick all of the time.
By extension, looking sick or unhealthy.
It didn't matter if a prince
or sickly or the village idiot
; as long as they were of royal blood, uncontaminated with that of commoner
s, that was all that mattered.
Carlos II of Spain
is a case point for that problem; in delicate
, and terribly ugly, Carlos was the end result of generations of inbreeding
among the Spanish Habsburg
She was a sickly little girl; her nose was always running and she coughed a lot.
1. When someone looks way too thin to be healthy
2. Someone who is normally good looking but looks peculiarly bad either because they are ill or from lack of trying to look presentable
1. eewww look how skinny that girl is... she looks sickly
2. how do you feel? you're looking a little sickly today
3. you better put some makeup on or you'll look sickly
The young mother sighed in despair
as her infant son, delicate
and sickly since birth, withered in her arms and her daughter, a robust
toddler, looked on with a knowing look.
The young peasant
man was torn between a pretty but sickly young woman of a thin frame and a plain but hardy
young woman with wide hips and an ample
figure. He knew that the buxom
one was better suited to farming
and bearing children.
so sick that not even the word sick can describe something so sick
That was the sickliest wave ever.
Damn, that blowjob was sickly.
When something or someone is really really good.
David Beckham is a "sickly" football player