Other guitarists include jason becker and marty friedman
The technique consists of complex fast speed picking and sweeping, performing lightning fast riffs and solos
It's popularity plummeted along with most other metal genres with the arrival of the very simple genre Grunge, which focused on talentless musicians who hadnt bothered to learn their instrument with the passion of shredders
It has been said that shredding is a very boring experience which focuses more on showing off than showing emotion, which is a description used only by people who do not understand guitar...It is a master class in how much energy and focus you should put into learning your instrument and should be admired not ridiculed...
Most recent shredders include dragonforce guitarist Herman Li and the very plain rusty cooley
2. To play so amazingly fast on guitar you almost destroy it's strings.
"Shredding" as it is known is limited to the "True" Musicians and as such is not known to shitty Bands/Musicians of lesser talent, IE. Nu-Metal does not, can not and will not ever have shredding present in it's down-tuned watered down style of crap called "music".
The board of directors at MTV decided that learning to "shred", as it were, took too much time, patience, and work to do correctly, and thus was banned in early 1992, in favor of more lucrative cookie cutter style bands, with a higher turnover rate.
MTV Exec 2: "Yes, but look here. In the time it takes to teach one guy how to shred well, we can raise and kill off four three-chord bands, OR seventeen boy-bands!"
MTV Exec 1: "Well holy shit on rye, Steve! Who needs shred anyways?"
1. music: to play distorted electric lead guitar in a manner which is at once so extremely cogent and rapid that listener experiences the sensation that the production of the sound should be impossible or nearly impossible.
2. surfing: performing a series of cutbacks requiring seemingly impossible adeptness.
3. going every-which-way at once
see also: hair metal, stripper girl, underage girl, UTI, the sunset strip
alternate form: bloodshred
or just plain old:
I don't even care, I'll take the fat one. Shred!!!!!!!
2. To skate, snowboard, surf or BMX aggressively.
3. A form of longboard surfing which breaks the wave being 'shredded'