1. To have a visibly exaggerated idea of ones own skills, talents, or abilities.
2. To exhibit a grotesque amount of undue and unfounded pride for a skill or ability which is actually mediocre.
Excellent examples of people who are really bad showboaters would be that 'Lord of the Dance' blockhead Michael Flatley, the ludicrously posturing Sarah Brightman and her bloated ego, and the Queen of the Showboaters, that swirling black hole of talentlessness herself - Celine Dion.
"This was our one chance to get rid of tha showboating Canadian wench!" - Peter Griffin, Family Guy
Adding unnecessary style flurishes to skilled activities, often beyond ones skill level, increasing the risk, and usually used to taunt or impress others.
That skateboarder was showboating to impress that girl when he broke his ankle.
The Washington Generals were down 150 to 10 but the Globetrotters were still showboating for the crowd.
The act of showing off, and or letting your ego roam free after you have done something extremely awesome.
After Peter made one touch down, he immediately started show boating.
When your girlfriend won't have sex with you; and you precede to pleasure yourself manually in full vision of her, fully flaunting your engorged member.
This may be done
(1) out of spite,
(2) in an attempt to induce her into sexual activity,
(3) or just simply to get a nut off.
Guy 1: Hey dude, did you get any pussy last night?
Guy 2: No damnit, my girl was tired so I showboated
Guy 1: What a bitch! Always making you turn to showboating.
Everything PK Subban does
PK Subban is a cocky hockey player, always showboating. While Marchand is just passionate
1. A confident person that more often than not; makes confident people less confident in a sho'-bo's presence.
2. A discrete person whose exuberance can be a turn off to those who don't know better.
3. A person whose lack of popularity, have it be a wealthy man around a poor group, makes people think negative connotation.
4. It's cool. A person that obtains or acquires style, status, ego, and often makes others believe there is no equal.
5. It's very cool. You spent a long time doing something in order to achieve an award; always being pride and joy but obviously exuberant. And the subject matter is important, because lets face it -Savor it!
A. Like my...
B. What do you think?
C. No words just materials
D. No words just good moves
E. No words only love
Jeff :Did you know Mike drives his chromed out truck to work and parks it where he and others can always see it when he works?
Mike :Don't forget the custom headlights!
Jeff :Our generation used to condone showboating, but now I think the whole world is pretty much gone crazy!
to showboat is to perform highly skilled tricks with a fooball during a game.
Now thats what i call showboatin'!
see joe cole or jay jay okocha.