1) a state of physical unwellness related to the overindulgence in alcohol
2) being in shock following some kind of traumatic event where you are safe and well now but seconds ago saw your life flash in front of your eyes and your fear of death hasn't quite been replaced by your continuing grip on life.
1) Jaysus but we had some amount of pints last night, I confess I'm a bit shook today.
2)"That car nearly hit you, are you okay?"
"I'm fine, thank God, just a bit shook"
word of the day: March 30, 2005
adj. scared, afraid, hesitant.
"They scared to death, they scared to look, they shook... cause ain't no such thing as halfway crooks." Mobb Deep, Shook Ones
Scared to death, scared to look. 'Cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks...
He ain't a crook, son, he's just a shook one.
just tell me
naw im tight
damn you shook
a game popular with many people, the point of the game is to try and acquire as much food as possible form your victims.
Rules and Regulations:
1. To play shooks you must "sign in" with all the people you are playing with, after you sign in the game begins!
2. After you sign in for shooks you must keep your fingers crossed whenever you touch food or drink, if at any moment you touch food or drink and your fingers arent crossed and someone calls "shooks!" on you, you must forfeit your food or drink to that person, if your fingers are crossed when it is called on you then you dont need to give up your food and you are safe.
3. If anyone refuses to hand over their food when they are caught they are excluded from the game, also when one signs out of shooks then you cannot rejoin the game. Keep in mind that if you decide to sign out, sign out with everyone you signed in with, if you dont sign out with people you signed in with, then they can still call you on shooks.
Jason: man this sandwich is good! (fingers not crossed)
Matt: Yo! shooks!
Jason: damn (hands matt his sandwich)
1. when you walk with your head down coz your scared to look.
2. a fake ass gangster who try to live in the ghetto but cant make his way round the block coz he too scared to commit crime.
3. when you are not able to survive in the harsh conditions of the ghetto and u will die coz u r not well adapted to the environment - (when natural selection is against you)
4. someone not around when the beef cooks (i.e when thurrz a gang fight or trouble involvin the exchange of slugs between rivals)
"you walkin' wit yo head down, scared to look, u shook, coz aint no such thangs az half way crooks, they neva around when the beef cooks in my parta town" prodigy in Survival of the fittest
kinda several meanings in different contexts, u cant really pintpoint it...
1) like kinda shocked/surprized
1) yoo i got fuckin shook when that girl called...i thought she hated me cuz of last night
2) I got so shook when i turned around and this guy popped up behind me...i thought i was alone
3) (some noises come from outside)
Teacher: Ya just answer your phone...and shut it off
Student: Uhm...That was a passing car
to get faked out in a sport by a move.
dawg, you just got shook out your shoes.