The only Native American tribe to never be overtaken by the white government because they're the only tribe to have never signed a peace treaty with the U.S. (They call themselves the "Unconquered People.") Seminoles are a combination of other tribes from other Southeaster states, and also include escaped slaves. While 90% of all Seminoles were moved to Oklahoma, the other 10% stayed in or around the Everglades. In a series of wars, the 300 or so Seminoles defeated about 1,500 American troops. Their combination of fleeing for cover into the Everglades, along with the fact that many of them were runaway slaves, led U.S. troops to roughly translate Seminole to "runaway" in English.
Seminoles are the mascot for Florida State University (FSU).
by JamesF1987 October 14, 2007
A student of Florida State University. Males are identified by their natural superiority in athletics, academics, and appearence. Females by their virtue as well as beauty and high scholarly achievement. Athletic accomplishment include the enslavement of University of Florida by defeating them in five of the past six contests.
by Bill May 02, 2004
The native mut-indians that once roamed this great continent before the white devil came. Subsequent inter-breeding of the Seminoles and the new white devil race gave rise to the majority of White Trash/Red-Neck people that now inhabit all of Florida. From these people have come NASCAR, hence why they are Punished on a regular basis by Tropical storms and now even by the NCAA!!
I wish the Seminole Natives would have kept their Bow and Arrows under their loin cloths, Florida football and NASCAR really suck balls!
by Adrain Armello August 09, 2005
what FSU uses for their mascot. Pretty much is a reflection of the their stupidity and lower class because infact the seminoles were a mut tribe... don't think this is the truth... look it up, they actaully teach you this in upper end universities. Seminoles were in fact a group of indians, some from over here and there, as well as almost 60%runaway slaves... interesting! makes you think... oh wait no thinking isnt an option at FSU
that is one sketchy person, must be a seminole!
by ralph February 07, 2005