A Scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly (also known as a buster) -- stick by "what they want", and usually sit on a broken tail bone.
Also a term to describe Shoto-players
Capcom misprinted movelist marquees in the mid 90s for their fighting games to read "mash (punch/kick) for extra damage" (see: Ken's Kick Super) . People would mash keys to gain more points out of supers; even for supers where this feature wouldn't work.
in SF2, people tried getting out of dizzy combos by mashing the buttons, which meant they were being dizzy combo'd to death constantly, and probably sucked.
This term reached popular misuse within online games (StarCraft/TFC/ Disney ToonTown), when nerds started filing for the internet in droves, because their fighting game skills sucked. Nerds on Bnet/Quake/Halo would become shut-ins and 'remake' fighting game terms to fit online games, where they naturally have nothing to do with them. The proper and only term they're looking for is "n00b".
1) "Are you a bogan, or a scrub?"
"I'm on the bus so I'm a bogan, but I've got to see doct about my butt, idk"
2)"omg I'm being thrown!"
"Want a brillo pad Scrub?"
"Why do you keep sniping me, scrub?"
"Scrub? This is TFC, n00b".
A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
And is also known as a buster
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke ass
A scrub is a guy that cant get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best-friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
Look at that scrub thinkin he can holla at me.
A scrub is a now generalized term used as a synonym for a "noob" or "newb," which is someone who is bad at a video game or activity in general.
Most of the definitions here, surprisingly, have nothing to do with the actual term. The original definition is related to a person who makes a mistake in a video game, which is such a bad mistake that it is clearly wrong, yet they persist in making it. The term derives from Street Fighter II, to describe some players that were so bad that they would mash their hands across the control pad, an act known as "scrubbing," because it relates to scrubbing a car or other object with a sponge. Thus they were deemed "scrubbers," or "scrubs" for short. Over time this term expanded throughout the gaming world, and then the real world, and lost its original meaning.
If you're a scrub, then you owe me a cookie.
1. A very funny sitcom on NBC that has no laugh track (nor needs one).
2. Clothing worn by hospital staff in the workplace. It's easier to clean blood or vomit stains out of scrubs than out of a suit shirt and they're a lot cheaper to replace.
3. In sports, players who aren't talented enough to be in the starting lineup and spend most of their time on the bench.
4. According to the TLC song, somebody without a job or car or his own place, i.e. the kind of guy who T-Boz, Left Eye and Chilli were all too stuck up to consider dating or hanging out with. A scrub was a guy who couldn't get no love from them even if he was a nice guy; since he had no material possessions they wanted nothing to do with him. This was probably just as well, since if the scrub in question did have a house of his own and impressed Lisa (RIP) enough to date her, it would only be a matter of time before she set it on fire.
1. Michael J. Fox guest-starred on Scrubs last night.
2. Aw man, this patient just puked all over my scrubs!
3. People thought Darko Milicic would be a starter for the Detroit Pistons in 2003-2004, but he was just a scrub and hardly got any playing time.
4. TLC: "A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me/And is also known as a buster/Always talkin' about what he wants/And just sits on his broke ass..."
Me: "Hey surviving TLC members! Didn't you girls have to declare bankrupty at one point? Seems to me like you're the last people who should be judging anybody for being broke!"
Wormwood Scrubs, locally known as The Scrubs, is a 200 acre open space located in West London and it has an unenviable record in terms of crimes committed there.
"I had visions of the Scrubs, or worse, concrete slippers and a dip in the Thames."
Irvine Welsh - "The Acid House"
A dude who act like a playa or like he sumthin but really got nothin. A broke guy with no job, no car, no girl..etc
A loser with nothing to offer a woman.
( I dont want no nasty scrub )
( Has nothin to offer me )
Seriously the funniest show television. It's about a guy JD and his best friends Turk, Elliot and Carla, who all work in a hostpital, with many other wondefully biazarre characters.
Dude lets watch scrubs!
Julie: This drug is the best one on the market. The only side effects are nausea, impotence and anal leakage.
Dr. Cox: And, I'm getting two out of three, just from having this conversation
Turk: You know, I never get chocolate cake.
Elliot: Oh, right, cause you're diabetic. Boo hoo. You know Turk, if you want sympathy, get a disease people can see
Carla: What if we have a son and he wants to dance?
Turk: He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind. Cause his friends don't dance and if they dont dance then they're no friends of mine, (music plays) (Turks goes off dancing the safety dance)”
The Todd: Dude, I hear they have laws that make women completely cover their bodies when they're out in public. The war in Irak. Try the war to see rack.”
Scrub, an otherwise inferior person in some what way. Most often refers to social standings, i.e. anyone who isn't The Big Jock or similar. Also refers to people who failed to make it onto whatever team/club/board/group, and also, in online gaming circles, refers to somebody who is not inexperienced but not very good at it. Also used in Magic the Gathering
, as a derogatory term for a player who is inferior to you.
"Come here, scrub!!!"