presentation or sales pitch, from yiddish slang, implying phoniness or slickness, lack of substance with focus on style.
Grandma Zeidel gave her usual shtick for serving take-out for dinner instead of cooking, claiming that her oven was broken and the cleaning lady forgot to do the dishes again.
Yiddish slang meaning "gimmick" that has come to mean "someone's signature behavior." In the 1940's, Jewish comedians in the Catskills referred to their comedy routines as their schtick.
"Joey's schtick is talking too loud."
a routine. This could refer to a number of different things, but generally refers
to a type of comic routine.
I saw Don Rickles in an interview about
Toy Story 2 and he was performing the same old schtick, but he still was really funny.
Some's schtick is their patter
, their sales pitch
, their routine. It can also simply be something that person is interested him.
"I see Jim Carey's still trying to get by with that funny-face schtick..."
the party piece of an entertainer, patter, German - stueck. Enters English from Yiddish
singing is not my schtick
1.A girl who is slightly chubby but cute.
2. The border between a fat girl and a cute girl, while maintaining cuteness.
Damn! That girl is schtick. Look at those curves.
Schtick has two meanings.
1. First of which is talking about something your good at or a hobby of yours that you really enjoy.
2. Saying that something is cool, usualy something thats hippyish
1. Dude, guitar is my schtick.
2. Wow your 20 year old hippy van is pretty schtick.