• Wears excessive makeup, most commonly bright eye liner and eye shadow
• Prefer going to parks then socializing in town or cinemas
• Guys BMX
• Girls wear clourful tight fit jeans, buys wear black skinny fit jeans
• They wear bandanas
• They wear band t-shirts
• Girls wear converse and guys wear high nike trainers or a skating brand such as Etnies or DC
• Some wear tight, brightly coloured nylon jackets
• Get offended when you call them an emo as they are often mistaken as one
• Use proper English and correct grammar when making text or comment on myspace
• When they think a guy/girl is hot they comment “sexy/hot much?”
• They hug whenever they see each other
• Get drunk often and go to numerous raves
• Adore glow sticks
• Constantly put an exclamation mark at the end of their sentences
• Use the smilies =], =) and never the traditional
• Use the (Y) symbol on site which don’t support smiley’s
• They wear lots of accessories
• They wear hoodies, and bags with bright stars and crazy patterns
• They wear flat peak hats, tight black shirt and clothes intended for members of the opposite sex
• They like graffiti
• They like school
• Wear t-shirts with the word rave written on or make music, not war
• Pierce their face, most commonly in the lips or have large piercing in their ears
• Talk about how gangsta they are in a mocking way
• They class the bands they listen to in crazy genres eg. Psychedelic techno pop rock
• Has an obsession with either, anime, hello kitty, pokemon or spongebob square pants
• Boasts about how nerdy they think they are
• Wear white belts with big buckles
• Shop at TOPMAN/TOPSHOP, River Island and H&M
• Deny being a scene kid and complain about how labeling is so gay and others should not judge them. They often claim they are unique
• They have black or blonde choppy hair which is always straight and never symmetrical
• Have more than one colour in their hair. Eg blonde, red, or green if they think they’re really cool
• Tend to be vegetarian or vegan and boast about it
• Listen to nu rave, indie, hip hopsuch as Klaxons, Hadouken, Foals, Enter Shikari etc
• They listen to hip hop and advertise it to try and prove to everyone else they are not emo
• Try and distinguish themselves as being different because they claim to like bands they think other people their age don’t like like McFly or Busted
• Claim they listen to a lot more music then they do
• Say they love a certain band when they have only heard one of their songs
• Can be commonly seen at gigs
• Spends a great deal of their free time customizing their myspace, regularly adding new photoshopped pictures of themselves often in outrageous camera angles that don’t include their whole face.
• Other stereotypical pictures may include them making the shape of a heart with their hands or with writing on some part of their body saying something about love. Girls also take closeup pictures of their eyes with ridiculously complex patterns of makeup.
• Includes numerous quotes from films and music lyrics on their myspace to try and express their true feelings
• They favour Myspace to bebo
• Has over 500 friends on myspace and is desperate to have more constantly
• Pretends not to care about myspace
• They think they’re quirky and weird
• Claim/Pretend to care about animals and be part of PETA
• Girls wear polka dot clothes
• Love photography
• Have lots of sleepovers
The male species of Scene like to make out with each other not because they are gay but for attention. when called gay they retort and call the person homophobic!!!
Adam:Frickin Scene kid
Hair:Straightened,almost always w/ sidebangs.Sometimes dyed.
Clothes : tight pants ( girl pants) , tight bands Ts and hoodies. studded belts. Shoes: Vans , skateboard sneakers, sometimes boots.Sometimes slightly bisexual.
Girls: very diverse. Hair usually straightened , dyed and cchoppily cut shoulder length or shorter. Studded belts , beads and polka dots are common. studded belts. usually darker clothes paired and layed with brighter shirts. Vans , flats , and skateboard shoes popular.
Both: * usually ave a thing for myspace. screen names and myspaces have lots of Xxs before and after ( Xx________xX)
* lip piercings
* love of strange sort of cutesy things : polka dots, japanese anime , comic books, colorful jewelry.
* enjoy sayings like : thats the sex , shit , shiznit, rave , ect. The word rad or uber-rad. also rawr and arf. enjoy ghetto sayings that they find entertaining.
listens to : emo, indie , powerpop, classic rock, metal , hard rock , really anything.
- Very long hair (extentions) or short hair. Always with bangs.
- Usually black, sometimes with blonde or caramel spots
- Goes to shows alot
- Likes unknown music and random techno music
- They like shirts with guns, stars or polka dot patterns
- Sexx bracelets, beads and headbands
- Knee High Socks
- Skirts with leggings
- Hair is emo-ish
- Black usually with blonde or neon colours
- Tight pants
- Usually in a band
- Wierd obsession with Power Rangers.
- Unknown music (hxc, screamo, ect.)
- Rainbow Suspenders (a new style here)
- Sometimes makes out with other boys to impress the girls.
- Hate poseurs and people who are new to the scene
- "&&" ";;" and constant chatspeak
- They will ignore you if you aren't the same as them
- Slip on Vans (checkered and hippos are big here) or ballet flats
- Bright mac make-up and lots of eyeliner
- Face Piercings
- Friendship bracelets
- Dora the Explorer, Barbie and Sponge Bob Backpacks
- Myspace with lots of scene friends
- They mostly all hate Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance
- They will try and earn scene points by doing things like walking instead of driving or being vegan.
- They usually have nicknames that only thier friends are allowed to use
- Hate being labeled emo and will beat you up if you call them emo
- Hardcore dances, or at least tries to
- Scenesters are hated by Goths and Preps
- They will say things are "The Sexx" ("Those shoes are the sexx!" or "She is totally the sexx!"P)
- Radd is used alot. They ocasionally will make up words with Radd in it (ex: Raddtastic)
- Radd is always spelled with two D's and Sexx is always spelled with two X's
- They like little kid books and they like to colour
- Some scensters are vegan and some are sXe (not all)
- They hate MTV (or in canada, much music)
- They like wierd animals such as Hippos, Elephants, Monkeys and Turtles
- Black Nailpolish
- They like Old School Nintendo
- They like "thug" or "ghetto" speak (Niggz, hommie, yo, ect.)
- Most of them think that they are orignal and you copied them
- They love hair straightners
- They love "things that go boom"
- They like to make animal noises, such as rawr, grr or meow
- Claim to be ugly, even though most aren't
Scene Girl 1: Woah your hair is totally fab!
Scene Girl 2: Yeah your hair makes me excited in the pants area. It's the sexx.
Scene Boy 1: No its so fugly I hate it! Are ya peeps goin to the show tonight?
Scene Girl 1: Of course! Do you think im hella dumb?
Scene Girl 2: I'm going too! I got new vans I wanna show off. They are Raddtastic!
Scene Boy 1: Want me to walk with chya?
Scene Girl 1: I was gunna get a ride, but walking is more scene.
Scene Girl 2: Scene Points!
Scene Girl 1: Now I'm scener then that biatch Chels!
Scene Boy 1: No she got that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt, she is so much more scene then you!
Scene Girl 1: OMG I hate her!
Photography is a big thing in a scene kids world. they often write in their 'about me' sections on myspace that they want to be a photographer and prove how good they are at photography by posting pictures they took, usually consisting of an inanimate object (mostly cupcakes) in black and white.
all scene kids strive to be internet famous just like their heroes (Audrey Kitching, Jeffree Star etc) and thrive on being the cause of internet drama and love when people start rumours about them so they can bitch about that person and make bulletins bad mouthing them.
They have a "dont fuck with me" kinda attitude and admit to being shallow and arrogant and always claim to not give a shit of what people think of them when really thats all they care about.
screen names are sacred in the scene kid culture. typical screen names include things such as "CaitlinxChaos" and "SallyxSuicide".
their hobbies include dying and cutting their own hair. most scene kids will have more than one colour in their hair and the style will consist of multi, uneven layers with short choppy layers on top, and long straight hair extensions down the bottom.
scene kid #2: "i dont care about hatemails. they actually amuse me. you don't even know me
to have the right to send me some. don't think you'll get my attention then. you can call me vain.
tranverse two step
They are known to use a lot of popular internet slang such as:
Long dark hair that is covering face or brushed all to one side(usually streaked or undertoned an unatural color)
Bandanas around the neck
Girl pants or tight pants
Band hoodies (Ususally black)
Tight t-shirts with interesting designs on the front (Usually band shirts, hollister, atticus, adeline, clandestine, etc.)
Bulky White belts
Large belt buckles
Converse or Vans
Long dark hair that is brushed to one side or covering face (Usually streaked)
Bows in hair
A lot of make up (Usually heavy eyeliner)
Band hoodies (Usually Black)
Converse or Vans
Tight t-shirts with interesting designs on the front (Usually band shirts, hollister, atticus, adeline, clandestine, etc.)
Bulky White Belts
Lip rings, eye brow rings, nose rings and anywhere else they can pierce themselves.
They are not a plague and they won't bother you if you leave them alone.They're just a bunch a kids comforming to a non comformist trend.
Scene hater: I think it makes him look like a faggot!I HATE SCENE KIDS!
LET'S JUST MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I'M NOT WITH OR AGAINST THIS KIND OF PEOPLE.
Typical scene kid
* has over 5000 friends on myspace.
* tries not to fix their myspace page too much, to make it sound like they don't give a shit about it.
* they constantly say they have a life outside of myspace.
* their myspace urls include words like: drug, killer, phsycho, millionaire, malice, gore, vanity, miss, massacre, panic, doll, brutal, terror, etc; including a trademark next to it.
* They join a gazillion trains, to get as many scene friends as possible.
* Most of them are vegan and are members of PETA.
* They use extensions and dye their hair of different colors just to seem cool. they dye it not only of a rainbow color, they can have their hair covered with an animal print, like zebra or leopard, zig zags, stripes or anything that will make them look unique.
* Girls commonly have black or blonde hair, combined with more than 2 colors or patterns. super straight, by the way.
* Guys may dye it also. Most of them have black hair, with a splash of a white, blonde or red color.
* Girls use bows, pins, headbands, etc.
* They have a weird obsession with diamonds, bats, dinosaurs, crowns, brass knuckles, hello kitty, gloomy bears and ugly dolls; God only knows why.
* They claim they are straight edge, when in fact, they take pictures of themselves holding a cigarette and looking away like saying 'help me'.
* They listen to music that only 10 or 15 people have listened to. Some example are: the black dahlia murder, job for a cowboy or a life once lost. They may listen to rap songs ocasionally.
* They think it's hilarious when they talk to other scene kids with a ghetto or gangster style.
* Their myspace picture's captions are random song, book or movie lines that don't have anything to do with the picture but they make it sound deep, confusing and amusing.
* Most of them idolize the suicide girls, which are scene girls covered with tattoos, posing naked or half naked for this site.
* Christine dolce, another icon for the scene community; as well as Jeffree star, audrey kitching, jac vanek, raquel reed, hanna beth or clint catalyst. WHAT do they do? oh they dye and style hair, that's what has made them completely e-famous and a bunch of scene queens.
* Kiki kannibal, the most annoying person ever, who claims to be a scene queen, and that she has brought back stripes and made bats and diamonds a trend. (How pathetic, right?). She is worshipped night and day by innocent and new in the scene community kids.
BACK TO THE TOPIC:
* this is the uniform scene kids wear:
- Tight, dark and skinny jeans.
- metal/indie/screamo band t shirt.
- vintage stuff.
- Girls wear flats or the glamxcore ones wear 9 inch stilettos.
- Boys wear converse, vans, etc. NEVER flip flops.
- scene boys would never be caught dead with a beard or a moustache.
- Both sexes would be find wearing TMNT, power ranger, invader zim or any horror movie shirts.
- Girls wear ridiculously bright leggings with different silly patterns.
* scene kids have facial piercings. Most commonly septum and snake bites.
* Some of them have tattoos, not all of them.
* They use hairspray to have 'big hair' so they can look cool.
* They are in love with their sidekicks and ipod.
* They enjoy reading deep, long books and love tim burton's movies.
* One of the things they enjoy the most is watching horror films, like saw.
* They use about 10 layers of make up, with extremely bright neon eyeshadows, fake eyelashes, etc.
* They enjoy doing hardcore dancing in parking lots or at unknown band shows.
* They may appear mean and arrogant. Even though most of them are, they just pretend to be it.
* They claim to be beautiful, special, unique and most of all, vain, unlike emo kids.
* They aren't that emotional.
This is all you need to know about this kids.
AREN'T THEY THE SHIT?
random girl#2: Yaa! like omg! i saw it too. they even stopped her because they thought she hid something inside her hair.
scene kid#1: OMFG bitch look what i found here!!
scene kid#2: yo yo! what's that shizzle?!
scene kid#1: there's this hello kitty shirt full of diamonds, im gonna go steal my daddy's credit card alright! fuck im so scenee!! hold on i need more make up.
scene kid#2:oh gosh like gee im so gangster im gonna go watch a horror film and add a thousand more friend on myspace so they can look at my new so expensive bat necklace like yeah bitch im so hxc.
a typical chick scene kid takes about 421984029358032495 pictures of herself in her newest Value Village or garage sale outfit looking down or to the side, she posts them on her myspace
Scene girls also dye their hair in many random places with "unique" colors, they are obsessed with a no name band that probably sucks. They typicly like Hardcore,screamo,techno,or emo. they put random techno songs that no one has ever heard because its "different". they wont think you are cool unless you have 234246 friends on myspace.
a scene boy? yeah well they wish they were a scene girl. tight pants, eyeliner,and longish dark hair that is in there eyes. they can be dead sexy....but then get HELLA annoying.
Scene kids are obsessed with robots and dinosours or anything that they think no one else likes. they are obsessesd with being Hardcore HxC and they do their makeup with a million different colors and eyeliners.
find Scene kids them at any crap show, or all over myspace
common scene words
stfu shut the fuck up,
I was like listening to The Dead blah blah in my new neon jacket with my helluh tight polka dot earrings when i ran into that helluh cuntfaced girl lydia. she SO wishes she were scene like me. and oh my godz i was hxc dancing in my dinosour tee when i met this boy named billy and he had the eyeliner on like helluh he was so fucking hottttt!
Person One:OMFGEEZE totaLLY cruuunk!
Person Two:We're Scene Kids!!!!!