Best thing about this series is the amount of historical info and influence that is present throughout. Story spans through two of the most important eras of Japanese history: The late Edo(Tokugawa) Period and the early Meiji Period, and many characters were either loosely or
directly based off of real people from those eras. That, or Marvel characters says Nobuhiro Watsuki, the creator of Rurouni Kenshin. Rurouni Kenshin is basically a history lesson in comic book format. :D
Rurouni Kenshin fans have to be some of the most die-hard and most informative anime fans out there. We don't just swallow any form of Kenshin media that they give us and settle for it (Like "Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen", to totally melodramtic, un-canon "finale" of the Rurouni Kenshin saga), and, we actually learn more about the history and terminology of Rurouni Kenshin by reading BOOKS in our spare time.
Rurouni Kenshin is certainly an anime to behold and deserves way more recognition than some of anime that they continue to air on Adult Swim.
Two things that all die-hard Kenshin fans know:
1) Himura Kenshin was not a true samurai.
2) Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen was shit.
2. The main character in Rurouni Kenshin (a.k.a. Samurai X who's full name is Kenshin Himura (or Himura Kenshin, depending on where you're from). Rurouni means "wanderer" and the name Kenshin is derived from the Japanese word "henshin" which means "change of heart."
2) A Manga that encompasses nearly every aspect of greatness. Of which include; spectacular battles, emotion, humor, and romantic comedy.
3) an incredibly accurate representation of the Japanese Culture in the mid 1800's.
4) Rurouni: n, Wanderer, vagabond
But during his Ronin life the shadows of his bloody past haunt him, making Battousai engage in fierce battles with the old and new enemies.
Kenshin trips too much ( but hes ok)
and Kaoru is extremely Do able
^_^x <<typical kenshin smile
-_-x" <<kenshin sweatdropping