1. He cut middle class taxes (Truth: he raised taxes 11 times)
2. He defeated the Soviets as victor of the Cold War (Truth: The Soviet Union's deterioration began well before his inauguration in Jan/1981)
3. His policy geared peaceful outcomes (Truth: spent money on useless missile programs, Iran-Contra, Latin America guerrilla war financing, provided weapons to Hussein in Iraq vs. Iran, built up Taliban like Armies in Afghanistan's battle against the Soviets)
4. He was a fiscal conservative who presided over a strong economy (Truth: Unemployment hit its highest point since the Depression in 1982, the national debt tripled under his watch, commensurate to GDP the debt increased, Black Monday in 1987, Savings and Loan Scandal, propelled America into a corporate welfare loving state)
In these rewrites came a myth perpetuated over time, primarily at outlets like Fox "News", that his Presidency matched that of true successful GOP Commanders in Chief, like Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower. Nothing could be more further from the truth.
Jason: "Why then were so many out of work in the initial years he was in office?"
Scott: "That was the evil Jimmy Carter's doing!"
Jason: "But unemployment rose from 1981 to 1982 when Carter no longer sat in the oval office. If tax cuts create jobs, like Reagan did in 1981 when furnishing breaks to millionaires, why did the jobless numbers escalate?"
Scott: "I guess it's Obama's fault then."
Jason: "Figures. And how do you defend his unconstitutional act of funding a violent group in South America known as the Contras? The Congress voted to forbid any financial aid be shoveled into their coffers."
Scott: "Whatever. Reagan still gave us hope."
Jason: "Yea, hope for a better President. We did get that in the form of someone from Hope, Arkansas, albeit four years after Reagan's stench departed The White House."
Scott: "He was impeached, though, over a blow job."
Jason: "Not nearly as bad as financing deadly groups in South America, defying a congressional order. Right?"
2. The ultimate natural disaster. Cause he put more people out on the streets and out of house and home than any tornado, earthquake, fire, hurricane, blizzard, or ice storm.
3. The Devil
The day of Ronald Reagan's death was one of the greatest days in history for humanity.
2.) A figure surrounded by so much Conservative idolatry, Conservatives support water-boarding because "It's What Reagan Would've Wanted".
3.) A term used to describe the fine, fine line between "Democrat" and "Republican".
4.) The last of the Dynasty in the "Republican Party" (beginning with T. Roosevelt); helped spawn a caricature of its former self, as the party continually tries to mimic the 'Reagan Era', but to no avail (See 'Bush Administration' or 'GOP').
5.) Ties with Obama for "Most-Ado-Over-A-Human-Being-Who-Will-Always-Be-A-Mortal, No-Matter-How-You-Spin-It" Award.
6.) 40th President of the United States of America.
Liberal: "Ronald Reagan was awful; he should have been more like Obama."