Acting a role that is not your usual way of life.
When Tyrone and Chris got together, they played master and slave. Tyrone kept Chris in chains, said nasty things to him, and in general abused him. Later, they had sex with Tyrone on top.
Participating in Role Play.
When used in non-BDSM terms, it usually refers to playing characters in chatrooms, or maybe Real Life, and pretending to be a made up character.
Often shortened to RP.
Bob is Role Playing with James. Bob's character is called Fred, and James' character is called Mary.
Role playing may refer to;
1) The act of dressing up as part of a sexual relationship.
2) Online games, eg World Of Warcraft, as in an MMORPG game, in which a person controls the actions of an on-screen character.
3) Using social networking sites, eg Bebo or MySpace to act out actions of a character either canon (from anime/manga/TV programmes/etc) or non-canon (original characters made up by the roleplayer).
Commonly associated with "geeks" and "nerds".
Commonly shortened to RP
1) Judy dressed up as a naughty school girl last night, it just got be so damn horny!
2) "My level 6 Orc pwned your measly elf!"
"It's only Role Playing dude...." o.O
3) ~The girl crept into the bar, her golden eyes flicking about at the people currently occupying the premises. She blinked, then grinned, straightening and throwing a giant water balloon at some randomers head, roflmfao-ing on the floor.~
Something nerds do on a regular basis. They pretend to be different characters and do battles/yiff or something like that.
It's easy to understand why nerds and other losers of the like spend most of their time role playing, pretending to be magical elves and shit on the internet; their pretending to be someone their not. Lol...
This is something nerds do, which usually involves a meticulously complicated,fantasy board game that has cards, figures, rule/quest book thicker than the bible and a load of other wierd things too. I dont quite know the exact goal of these games (there doesent seem to be one), but all the players seem to do is quests and leveling up. Nerds especially love to let you know that they are a level 200 sword master (or whatever the fuck), and this seems to make them think that they are superior to everyone else. Maybe it compensates for the fact that they cant talk to beautiful women without:
1) Turning bright red.
2) Stuttering and saying something stupid.
3) Getting a hard on and being called a pervert.
Nerd: Hey im a level 200 sword master on dungeons and dragons, you are inferior to me you scum.
Me: Good for you. Here let me introduce you to my girlfriend.
Nerd: er er er er er er er...... DO YOU LIKE ROLE PLAYING??? its wicked awesome. Im a level 200 sword master.
My girlfriend: Youve got a fucking boner, get away from me you pervert.