1. A result in human ignorance.
2. A radical, undefined and unexplainable approach to communicate in a way that is believed to have stemmed from the English language.
This is basically the reason why people complain about rock being 'dead' these days and belive that all current music made now is pure garbage (the only current bands rockists like are The White Stripes and The Strokes).
However if they actually opened their minds for once they would realise the great music of the 2000's.
Seriously, Rock is an amazing genre and I listen to it heaps, but there is so muchmore to hear.
You sir, are a rockist idiot. Rockism stinks.
2. In popular music, a system of belief which fails to acknowledge the supremacy of gross unit sales and radio play as the measure of musical excellence.
3. preferred meaningTerm used by some music critics to dismiss some forms of musical snobbery without acknowleging their own.
2. Everyone would agree Justin Timberlake is a genius if it wasn't for all the rockism in this country.
3. I'm a silly little twit and I hate rockism.