some rice upgrades:
Fart Pipe Exhaust
clear lights; NOT on a Toyota Altezza
enough sponsor decals to stone an elephant from the glue
roof scoop (on a front-engined car)
ground effects body kit that is still the same color as the car it was previously on
false custom from grill; badge pried off with a flathead screwdriver
Le-Mans caliber spoiler, just looks crappy without *good* body kit
neon lights (different colors on each side, under the front and back)
black hood/trunk (not a real carbon-fiber hood, just interior painted)
rims that are too large or painted a completely random color
low suspension caused by cutting of the shocks (bad idea with convertibles, because hitting a speed bump can shoot you over the Empire State Building)
spinner rims (on anything but an Escalade? COME ON)
people often think that some cars are immune from ricehood. not true. here are some examples of good cars, and what could make them rice.
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
white car, red muscle car stripes, blue rims, double roof scoop
Toyota Supra Mk-4
purple car, skull on side, black hood
'96 Impala SS
"Donk" style (fugly)
this honda has a wooden spoiler, spraypaint graphics, lawn edging bodykit, and a trashcan hood scoop.
car dressed up like a zebra
Beans & Ricer. I saw this on my Honeymoon in Cancun.
Ricer Bei is his name, dun wear it out!
At least the fucker can clean up....
Holy shit! Look at this size of that FIN! I bet that car flies!!!!!!!!
pimped out ride
lambo 'gtr' a sin against the gods
This car may be fast, but the lambo doors, aftermarket wheels and tilt-up hood make it a ricer.
a CRV with the some shiny tires
riced up car w/devil horns
The ULTIMATE ricer.
not your normal ricer; this is a riceroni.
I can't even tell what this USED to be..
not all ricers are ugly (99% are)
"Rear wheels now, front wheels later"
too poor to get the paint job
A riced out Neon SRT-4. This car is quick, but the ugly aftermarket rims and stickers make it a ricer.
It doesn't get ricier than this. Riceroni, Uncle Ben's Converted Rice, and Minute Rice put together have less rice than this car.
A "Ricer" Acura Integra
A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.
The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension reguardless of appearance
1. The sound of a loud fart in a coffee can.
2. The yellow blob with a bookshelf on the trunk that is 1/4 mile behind real cars.
3. A Honda that has "performance mods" such as stickers, seat harnesses, and a fire extinguisher in full view (just in case the things catches on fire when it hits 40 mph).
4. A driver who claims his car has 100hp per liter but will not fess up to the fact that his car has a total of 43 ft/lbs of torque.
Usually people who try to get into the import tuning scene after watching the fast and the furious a few too many times. Not necessarily anyone who goes and buys a bodykit, because a few of those actually do decrease drag, increase cooling, etc., like veilside and stuff, just crappy ripoffs that dont do a damn thing except maybe increase downforce, but if you have a FWD car, a spoiler is just gonna make you go slower. Also, if you have any idea how cars work, you'd realize that there really is no point in making a car look fast if it cant go fast, and if you dont understand how cars work, or dont care, you have no business even pretending to be a part of the tuner scene.
Can you spot the ricer?
usually 16-24 years old, that spend more money untastefully modding a car, than its even worth. e.g humongous aluminum/fiberglass spoiler, cheap, oversized fiberglass bodykit, "clear" rear lights, obnoxious exhaust and oversized exhaust tip, 500 sponsor decals/stickers of performance parts they dont even own, flame vinyls/paint, etc etc
not a ricer: tasteful/light body modifications which maintain the car's "sleeper" look, more money invested into the engine rather than aesthetics