a car that is customized to the point of extreme overkill.
some rice upgrades:
Fart Pipe Exhaust
clear lights; NOT on a Toyota Altezza
enough sponsor decals to stone an elephant from the glue
roof scoop (on a front-engined car)
ground effects body kit that is still the same color as the car it was previously on
false custom from grill; badge pried off with a flathead screwdriver
Le-Mans caliber spoiler, just looks crappy without *good* body kit
neon lights (different colors on each side, under the front and back)
black hood/trunk (not a real carbon-fiber hood, just interior painted)
rims that are too large or painted a completely random color
low suspension caused by cutting of the shocks (bad idea with convertibles, because hitting a speed bump can shoot you over the Empire State Building)
spinner rims (on anything but an Escalade? COME ON)
people often think that some cars are immune from ricehood. not true. here are some examples of good cars, and what could make them rice.
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
white car, red muscle car stripes, blue rims, double roof scoop
Toyota Supra Mk-4
purple car, skull on side, black hood
'96 Impala SS
"Donk" style (fugly)
it is possible to have a custom import, even a Civic, without it being a ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)more...
A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.
The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined...
Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain.
Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast.
Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension reguardless of appearance
Ricer - Any person who adds tasteless modifications to a perfectly normal automobile.
We're not anti-import...
When a moron (see: retard, dumbass) decides to take a car (foreign or domestic) and tries to make it look fast. The car will not really gain any hp or performance, but it will gain numerous stickers and yellow paint. It can be identified by one of the following:
1. The sound of a loud fart in a coffee can.
2. The yellow blob with a bookshelf on the trunk that is 1/4 mile behind real cars.
3. A Honda that has "performance mods" such as stickers, seat harnesses, and a fire extinguisher in full view (just in case the things catches on fire when it hits 40 mph).
4. A driver who claims his car has 100hp per liter but will not fess up to the fact that his car has a total of 43 ft/lbs of torque.
Ricers are fags.
any person who spends more money to make their car look like it goes fast than they spend on actually making it go fast.
Usually people who try to get into the import tuning scene after watching the fast and the furious a few too many times. Not necessarily anyone who goes and buys a bodykit, because a few of those actually do decrease drag, increase cooling, etc., like veilside and stuff, just crappy ripoffs that dont do a damn thing except maybe increase downforce, but if you have a FWD car, a spoiler is just gonna make you go slower. Also, if you have any idea how cars work, you'd realize that there really is no point in making a car look fast if it cant go fast, and if you dont understand how cars work, or dont care, you have no business even pretending to be a part of the tuner scene.
Billy and Bobby both have 6000 to spend on their car. Billy invests it in suspension and engine work, and Bobby buys a "sick" body kit, and some "tight" rims. So, Billy has a fast car that will surprise anyone wanting to race it, and bobby is hitching a ride back home, because his "sick" body kit blocked all air to the engine.
Can you spot the ricer?
Someone regardless of ethnicity with any vehicle regardless of type that put money into the cosmetics of their vehicle instead of performance and treats it as though it will beat anything it up against.
usually 16-24 years old, that spend more money untastefully modding a car, than its even worth. e.g humongous aluminum/fiberglass spoiler, cheap, oversized fiberglass bodykit, "clear" rear lights, obnoxious exhaust and oversized exhaust tip, 500 sponsor decals/stickers of performance parts they dont even own, flame vinyls/paint, etc etc
not a ricer: tasteful/light body modifications which maintain the car's "sleeper" look, more money invested into the engine rather than aesthetics
1. i put a coffee can exhaust, alteeza lights, and an aluminum spoiler on my moms ' 98 civic ( with automatic transmission), i shift into neutral at red lights and rev it up so people will thing i have a manual, i peel out so much im replacing my tires every 6 months, i was too cheap to buy real rims, but my shiny hubcaps are so cool, my oversized body kit is so big, i need 2 lanes to myself, i drive by highschools reving and burning rubber so the girls will think im cool, my car is lowered so much, i cant make it over a speedbump, i rev at every car at a redline, accelerate as fast as i can to the next light thinking im racing, when the other guy wasnt even paying attention, i put the "vtec" badge on so everyone will think my civic is "high performance" , my cold air intake triples my horsepower, horsepower is better than torque, i drive up to the local hangouts with my rap music bumpin', my bass is set so high, it gives my whole body a massage, i think everyone is checking out my ride, but theyre just thinking how retarded i look, i have a low self image, so i use my car to get attention, i put NOS and Spacrco decals on my ride, so i can be like the fast and furious guys/gurls, even though i dont even use NOS, and my my seats are stock, i say my ride is turbocharged and makes 200HP so i can sound like i know alot about car mechanics, but i wont take it to the track becuase i know it will take me 9 1/2 seconds to reach 60mph, my spoiler is so heavy, it lowers the ba...more...