1.Any FWD foreign or domestic vehicle that is made to look fast by installing accesories such as but not limited to:
*aftermarket body kits
*aftermarket spoilers (which do NOTHING for traction on a FWD vehicle)
*oversized chrome exaust tips (a.k.a "fart cans/fart pipes/coffee cans") on an otherwise stock exaust pipe
*neons or other aftermarket lighting
*altezzas, or "clear tail lamp" lenses
*grille replacements made up of chicken wire type mesh
*multiple TV monitors
*20 inch rims with very low profile "rubber band" tires
*cut coils for a lowered look
*stereo systems that have more power than the engine itself
*fake nitrous bottles (or to the ricer crowd..."NAAAAWWWSSS")
*and of course.....stickers of performance parts NOT ON THE CAR. (can you say "poser"?)
2. The truth is none of the above mods do ANYTHING to enhance the performance. As a matter of fact those who perform these so called "mods" have watched "The Fast And The Furious" too many times to be able to distinguish the difference between reality and a movie, thus they think if they make their cars look like the prop cars used in the movies they will be faster and look cooler. Out of interest, these idiots refer to themselves as "tuners" and not ricers.
3. The average person who owns or drives one of these vehicles is white, under 25, suffers from penis envy, wears his pants half hanging off his ass, walks with a fake limp and talks with ebonic slang. He probably works at Mc Donalds and races everything he sees but gets his ass handed to him 99% of the time. (Kias and Hyundais are exceptions)
4. Ricing your FWD car will not make it fast or cool, and is not a valid excuse for "I can't afford a real car"....V8 Camaros and Mustangs are still readily avaliable at a decent price. If not it's not a daunting task to do your own. If you want to be different you can always drop any 283-400 cubic inch small block Chevy V8 into an S-10 for one hell of a fast ride on the cheap.
5. The only real FWD cars that actually considered fast are the turbocharged cars like the SRT-4 or the WRX. Turbos are true power adders unlike all the fake gaudy crap mentioned above.
If you've ever claimed to have "raced a 'Vette with a Honda Civic and won", but for fear of embarassment failed to mention it was a CHEvette....you might be a ricer.
If your Civic has more neons that all of the Las Vegas strip clubs....you might be a ricer.
If your Accord has more TV screens than the local TV news room....you might be a ricer.
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)
A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.
The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined...
Any oriental import car that has been modified for no real performance gain.
Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast.
Not a ricer: An oriental car with a fully built engine, drive train, and suspension reguardless of appearance
Ricer - Any person who adds tasteless modifications to a perfectly normal automobile.
We're not anti-import...
When a moron (see: retard, dumbass) decides to take a car (foreign or domestic) and tries to make it look fast. The car will not really gain any hp or performance, but it will gain numerous stickers and yellow paint. It can be identified by one of the following:
1. The sound of a loud fart in a coffee can.
2. The yellow blob with a bookshelf on the trunk that is 1/4 mile behind real cars.
3. A Honda that has "performance mods" such as stickers, seat harnesses, and a fire extinguisher in full view (just in case the things catches on fire when it hits 40 mph).
4. A driver who claims his car has 100hp per liter but will not fess up to the fact that his car has a total of 43 ft/lbs of torque.
Ricers are fags.
any person who spends more money to make their car look like it goes fast than they spend on actually making it go fast.
Usually people who try to get into the import tuning scene after watching the fast and the furious a few too many times. Not necessarily anyone who goes and buys a bodykit, because a few of those actually do decrease drag, increase cooling, etc., like veilside and stuff, just crappy ripoffs that dont do a damn thing except maybe increase downforce, but if you have a FWD car, a spoiler is just gonna make you go slower. Also, if you have any idea how cars work, you'd realize that there really is no point in making a car look fast if it cant go fast, and if you dont understand how cars work, or dont care, you have no business even pretending to be a part of the tuner scene.
Billy and Bobby both have 6000 to spend on their car. Billy invests it in suspension and engine work, and Bobby buys a "sick" body kit, and some "tight" rims. So, Billy has a fast car that will surprise anyone wanting to race it, and bobby is hitching a ride back home, because his "sick" body kit blocked all air to the engine.
Can you spot the ricer?
Someone regardless of ethnicity with any vehicle regardless of type that put money into the cosmetics of their vehicle instead of performance and treats it as though it will beat anything it up against.
usually 16-24 years old, that spend more money untastefully modding a car, than its even worth. e.g humongous aluminum/fiberglass spoiler, cheap, oversized fiberglass bodykit, "clear" rear lights, obnoxious exhaust and oversized exhaust tip, 500 sponsor decals/stickers of performance parts they dont even own, flame vinyls/paint, etc etc
not a ricer: tasteful/light body modifications which maintain the car's "sleeper" look, more money invested into the engine rather than aesthetics
1. i put a coffee can exhaust, alteeza lights, and an aluminum spoiler on my moms ' 98 civic ( with automatic transmission), i shift into neutral at red lights and rev it up so people will thing i have a manual, i peel out so much im replacing my tires every 6 months, i was too cheap to buy real rims, but my shiny hubcaps are so cool, my oversized body kit is so big, i need 2 lanes to myself, i drive by highschools reving and burning rubber so the girls will think im cool, my car is lowered so much, i cant make it over a speedbump, i rev at every car at a redline, accelerate as fast as i can to the next light thinking im racing, when the other guy wasnt even paying attention, i put the "vtec" badge on so everyone will think my civic is "high performance" , my cold air intake triples my horsepower, horsepower is better than torque, i drive up to the local hangouts with my rap music bumpin', my bass is set so high, it gives my whole body a massage, i think everyone is checking out my ride, but theyre just thinking how retarded i look, i have a low self image, so i use my car to get attention, i put NOS and Spacrco decals on my ride, so i can be like the fast and furious guys/gurls, even though i dont even use NOS, and my my seats are stock, i say my ride is turbocharged and makes 200HP so i can sound like i know alot about car mechanics, but i wont take it to the track becuase i know it will take me 9 1/2 seconds to reach 60mph, my spoiler is so heavy, it lowers the ba...more...