A rice burner is an import car that is an economy car for a daily driver.Most riceburner cars are front wheel drive cars with a 4 cylinder engine that does not have alot of horsepower or torque.Since movies called fast and furious came out and trends in California been out the idea of the riceburner has changed.The movie fast and furious quote is ill get you a 10 second car.Most rice burners are not able to run a 10 second unless highly modified with overprice parts that have to build up 4 banger that is hp per liter.The cars are usually built up by young new generation kids thinking adding a turbo,nos,1 header with a fart can muffler and some homemade airbox is going to highly increase ets.The rice burner owners don't like muscle car owners because intimidated of cars with true raw horse power that don't need all the overprice mods to try to run competively.Most rice burner have an aftermarket spoiler that look like a parkbench.Also put neon lights for bottom of car,put too many sticker on car.(stickers are not going to increase horsepower).The car is all for show not for go.Movies as for fast and furious had put riceburners as some some goddess type car that insult muscle cars by putting a japanese 4 or 6 cylinder motor in a ford mustang.The ford mustang came with a better stock V8 from detroit.Also riceburners in fast in furious racing a Hemi challanger and a Camaro yanko.The ricer is not in the same class with a hemi mopar and a 427 rat camaro.A hemi challenger and a camaro yanko is a fast car out of the factory with raw horsepower.A camaro yanko and a mopar hemi is alot more legendary and valuable than some kids highly modified ricer.
The movie fast and furious is an insult to american muscle.Muscle didn't come from japan.A Rice burner again are economy cars. A modified ricer look like a car of the special olympics.
What every 16-20 year old who's seen "The Fast and the Furious", or "2 Fast 2 Furious" is likely to drive. Usually running a ridiculous amount of negative wheel camber due to the car being lowered without getting an alignment done, wheels larger than can reasonably fit in the wheelwells (giving lots of tire rub), a 3 foot tall aluminum wing, under car neon tubing, "Type R" decals, a boost gauge (esp in a normally aspirated car), and has the overall appearance of an automobile onto which every advertiser in Super Street has barfed a part.
Required equipment includes a 5 inch exhaust tip on an otherwise stock exhaust system, a 4 million watt stereo system that, from outside the car, seems to do mothing other than vibrate the rear hatch glass, and every aftermarket gauge that the local Pep Boys carries (not necessarily connected to anything).
Not to be confused with a "tuner car", which may be quite a bit faster than anything you've seen away from a racetrack.
My friend's sixteen year old brother had a really fast Chevelle, but fter seeing the Fast and the Furious, he traded it for a 17 second rice burner.
To qualify to be a rice burner, you must:
- have Stickers that add hp
- have a Fartcan that adds hp
- have cut springs that increase cornering capability
- have a hatred for muscle cars because they have less hp per cubic inch
- have no idea what porting heads or the word camshaft means
- think that turbos automatically take your e.t. from 16 to 10
- constantly brag about beating Camaros and Mustangs to your friends, but when they're riding with you, you won't race them because "they're not worth it"
- dangerously weave through traffic like a maniac and piss off everybody else on the road
- play your music loud enough to wake the dead
What can I say? We need riceburners. If everyone had a car like mine, I'd have no one to make a fool out of. I hope people with riceburners newver "wake up". I look forward to seeing that look of disappointment on their faces for years to come when they blow their engines with a 100 shot of nitrous (not "NOS") and still lose to me.
1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)
2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)
3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"
(i.e. "racing in a rice burner is like racing in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded!")
Badly modified car made to look fast but most probably running the original 4 cylinder engine with less than 100 horse power. Usually Japanese, although, there are a few European and American examples about.
Identifying features include:
* Ear piercing fart like sounds produced by the exhaust.
* Loud music coming from the car.
* Badly modified lowered suspension makes the car bounce dangerously even on the smoothest of roads.
* Often seen wrapped around the tree.
* Often driven by spotty teenagers with their equally spotty girlfriends on the passenger seat.
* HUGE wings made out of sheet aluminium.
Oh look! Another rice burner wrapped around a tree.
n. 1. Originally coined by oldschool bikers in the early 80's, a derogatory and borderline rascist term used to describe Japanese and other import motorcycles which were not Harley Davidsons or made in the USA.
2. Adapted from it's original meaning in the mid 90's, a term used to describe an R-Type vehicle based on the phrase "riced up", which denotes a heavily modified car that is usually an import, where the cost of the actual modifications usually exceed the vehicles bluebook value.
1. "That Kawasaki Ninja isn't a real bike, it's just a piece of shit rice burner"
2. "You bought that Honda Civic for $8,000 and put $16,000 worth of junk into that rice burner"
any car that sounds less intimidating then a weedwhacker.
A person so poor that they put a coffe can for a exaust and a wing to fool people in to think its an air plane.
Civic or accord with airplane wing and coffee can exhaust.