word of the day: April 02, 2007 and January 02, 2006
The act of shopping as an outlet for frustration and a reliever of stress.
Juju's Retail Therapy session went quite well; she visited the local Sephora for her fix of new eyeshadows, as well as the jewelry cart for a pair of new obnoxious but cute earrings. Nothing beats spending money to forget about your troubles.
an excuse for people mostly female
to go shopping when they're feeling bad, when in reality their bad feelings could be released/treated in other ways.
mandie went to the mall for a little retail therapy the day after matt dumped her.
A costly replacement for Zoloft.
My therapist says a good day of retail therapy should bring me back around.
it really works! when a girl is bummed out about something, she can go shopping and it makes her feel so so much better
when i had a huge fight with my best friend and he made me really really sad. i asked my mom to take me for some retail therapy
i felt much better
the act of getting rid of stress by shopping
- I think I failed that math test!
- Me too!
- We should get retail therapy
- On it
shopping with the purpose of boosting one's mood
I don't get a mood boost from shopping, so retail therapy isn't even an option.
1. An idiot's way of dealing with an idiotic problem.
2, One of the most moronic notions bestowed upon humankind that simply buying some frivolous mass-produced good can alleviate one's mood or take away a bad feeling caused by a REAL problem, when in fact buying some random product will do nothing about the actual problem but MAY induce an hour's worth of distraction which is enough for people who have the attention span and memory of a chipmunk.
1. Omg, like my friend totally didn't text me back and I've been waiting for 2 minutes!! I'm totally gunna go to the mall and blow up my credit card now to ease this PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN. FML!!!
2. Omg!! I just found out I have a Sexually Transmitted Disease and it's like sooooOOoo gross. I need some retail therapy!!! *30 min. later* This dress is so cute... why was I upset again??