Traditionally meant, "For the Republic," connotating "One for the people," as opposed to One who sides with an ideological "Empire," and initially had NOTHING to do with Right/Left-wing politics.
Ideologically speaking, Republicans' sworn enemy is not the Democrat, but the Imperial. However, there has been a switch in the labelling, and the party with interests in helping people by means of utilizing a/the Government run by the people (Republic/Republican) is actually a political view held by the Democrats (for example, Welfare, Civil Rights, Health Care, Education, ETC.)
The now-labelled "Republicans" bear a closer resemblance to Imperials (Exploitation, inconsideration, coercement of beliefs, etc.) than the traditional definition of Republicans.
Modern Democrat = Traditional Definition Republican
Modern Repubican = Imperial
An individual who believes that the white male Christian God should be the only object of worship on the planet, that power and wealth should remain in the hands of 1% of the world's population while the remaining 99% starve, that health care should be privatized so the poor can't afford basic medication, that a rape victim living on welfare should be forced to care for a baby she didn't even ask for, and that America is the only real country on Earth while all those other countries they read about are just fakes invented by communists...oh wait, it's terrorists now, isn't it?
We can all hope that the standard of education in America improves to the point where a Republican can no longer be voted into office.
Someone who supports the rights of the unborn, but won't fund stem cell research that could help the millions who are already here. The first one to protest abortion rights, and the first one willing to take a life through capital punishment. Someone who espouses personal freedom, and then tries to pass constitutional amendments to restrict it. Someone threatened by government surplus but unfazed by goverment deficits. Someone who is pro-business but anti-citizen. Someone who wants to take away the helping hand, after he's made it to safety. Someone who holds a cross in one hand and tries to burn it with the other.
He is such a Republican, hypocrisy will be the death of him yet.
(Noun) Member of the United States' Republican Party, first emerging in the mid 1800s as an anti-slavery movement. Success of candidate Abraham Lincoln in the Presidential election of 1860 sparked the American Civil War. The party has since moved on to other issues. Republicans today are characterized by typically right-wing, conservative beliefs including but by no means limited to pro-business policies, lack of dependence on the government in daily life, religious convictions, and desire to outlaw what they deem socially undesirable actions.
(Adjective) Typical or characteristic of a Republican or the Republican party.
1. George W. Bush was the Republican candidate for President in 2004.
2. He holds Republican ideals.
One who cuases almost %50 of this nations problems.
(For the cause of the other %50 see: Democrat
Watch they say the same things and then say their ideas have more merrit, simply due to the name of their party.
Typically a person who believes that:
1)The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution takes precidence over the rest of the Constitution.
2)The rich should be tax-exempt, and that the middle and lower classes should have to foot the bill, also, a person who bitches when an under-funded government agency is unable to carry out its assigned task.
3)Thinks that programs such as welfare, medicare/medicaid and minimum wage are unconstitutional and should be banned.
4)Labels everything and everyone they disagree with as being "Communist" or "Anti-American" or "French."
I'm filthy-stinking rich! How dare you expect me to pay taxes!
A political party that tries to push its Christian beliefs onto the American people, even though we have a sepaation of church and state.
Furthemore, they support war without knowing all the facts, which cost innocent lives in the process.
You can recommend this for deletion all you want, but whichever way you look at it, the repubicans are bigots, and homophobes, and war hungry people.
Unless that's the kind of thing you like.
1. A group of bible thumping fuckwits who believe that white christian males are the only things that matter in the world. They will lie and cheat in order to get what they want. They are always racist and blame everything on the democratic leaders who were in office before, and then claim responsibility for every good thing that happens.
2. A racist white male.
3. An undereducated american who loves to hate minorities and scam and lie.
4. A Jackass
"n*ggers are 12% of the population, who the hell cares"
-Rush Limbaugh, prominent republican leader.