1. An explanation of the things we don't understand.
2. A reason to exist. There is no reason for us being here, so we have created our own. God.
3. A controlling agent. Kids be good, or santa won't give you presents. Its the same thing. People behave, or you'll go to hell!
4. Fear of death. Everything suggests that death is the end. Its ludicrous to suppose there is some sort of spiritual afterlife. We all know we will die eventually; and we don't like it. So we deny it..fabricating a fantastic fairytale to convince ourselves that there is no such thing as death. Well its a load of bollocks - remember the Romans worshipped every new planet they saw...the Egyptians worshipped the sun..for as long as man has been around, so has his need to worship something. Its an expression of our insecurity and it will last as long as fear itself
You can't insure your life on a figament of man's collective imagination. Remember once, we all believe the earth was flat, and mental problems were the work of demons
The biggest lie in human history. It has been responsible for more deaths throughout human history than all other unnatural causes combined. For a thousand years the Church was a tyrannical dictatorship that used religion to control the uneducated masses. Free your minds and come into the 21st century
"Religion is the child of Ignorance and Fear"
A cult that dosn't end with suicide.
Hey Timothy, wanna join my new cul-I mean religion?
A sociological institution that's true purpose is to protect the family structure (by alienating homosexuals) through guilt, self-doubt and fear by spouting the dogma of a man-made God in order to increase the reproductive rate of pre-industrial or medieval civilizations, which in turn increases a species overall chance of survival.
Up until about two hundred years ago religion was needed in order to keep high birth rates and control the masses; however today, religion is used as a tool to make war, confuse and psychologically damage people and promote hatred towards diversity
Religion ruined my life and turned me against blacks, jews and gays.
1) the source of most of the world's problems (ei-discrimination, holocaust, homophobia, terrorism, etc...)
2)a common belief by a large group of weak minded people in an imaginary being that helps them cope with the fact that their miserable lives will end eventually
3)hipocrasy (ei-virginity=priests raping little boys, all are equal=gays should burn)
4)islam, christianity, wicca, satanism, jewdism
5)cults and a form of brainwashing
1)I am Bin Laden, my koran tell me to kill people who believe in a false god, good bye
2)Sick person-mommy i dont want to die
Mother of person-it's ok u'll be with god
Doctor-dont lie to a dying person!! son, it sucks for you, ur goin 2 decay slowly in a casket 6 feet under ground
3)Pastor-all people are created equal and should be treated so, now who wants 2 go 2 the anti-gay protest and watch some child pornos later?? an maybe we'll shoot some jew on the way to the protest!!!
4)Muslim person-I am a muslim, that means i practice Islam.
Christain guy-o well, who cares? we're christian, we're better than the rest of the world so ur goin 2 hell
5)JESUS LOVES YOU, FOLLOW THE BIBLE, IT SHALL LEAD YOU TO SALVATION, now hand over $5 for the collection basket or your going to hell
A series of fanciful concepts that people believe as to:
- Help themselves get up in the morning, achive inner peace, etc.
- Keep their family happy, because all their family are in the religion.
- Feel superior to other people.
- Provide moral guidance because common sense would render them otherwise lame.
- Justify war or general hatred of other groups.
Wow, so we can, like, kill abortionists if we join the right sect of the right religion? Well fuck me, religion it is!
A lame excuse for abstaining from sex
"He was hot, and I really wanted to hit the sheets with him. But I couldn't, because I'm, you know, religious."
A strong belief and following in a higher/supreme being. Many follow a strict code of moral conduct which can vary from religion to religion. A very sensative subject to most people. One of the main causes of war and violence. If you want to piss someone off very fast, attack their religion.
Famous examples include the Jesuites vs. the Japanese in the 14th century and modern Christians vs. everyone else.