Revised Redneck Characteristic List from the 17th definition:
1. Nascar, Huntin, AND muddin are the main sports
2. Some of us can be very good spellers if we choose it
3. We can pronounce words albeit alittle slowly
4. Duct tape on a car CAN be sexy
5. 30-40+year old trucks have wonderful potential(67 Fords& 85 Chevys)
6. We are VERY sarcastic people, you just don't know
7. Old license plates, deer heads on the wall, and guns (not coins) are great to collect
8. "fart" is not a swear word (it means our in-public flatulations)
9. We listen to country, rock, and occasionaly rap
10. Some of us are computer literate, we're called "hi-tech rednecks"
11. Incest is for white trash, and mountain folk
12. We take logic classes, thank you
13. The main favorite colors are plaid and camo
14. Hell yeah we proudly fly our Confederate flags
15. Our houses would be haunted by civil war ghosts if the house was over a battlefield
16. Roaches are only our best friend when they're not bein shot at with our BB guns fer fun practice
17. We do not keep old Pepsi bottles of urine, it's more'n likely old bottles of dip spit
18. We don't go to ebay for old vehicles, we go to junkyards
19. We don't use MSN, it's more like free Yahoo email or a few of us actually have AOL
20. Most rednecks have to be seriously infatuated with a girl to go "head over heels" for her
21. We are always proud to be a redneck because incest is fer them mountian people and white trash
I'm not makin' this up. I am a proud reneck and I know a helluva lot more like me.
Them rednecks sure had fun at the mud hole last night.
You would be a redneck if:
You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.
You need an estimate from your barber before you get a haircut.
The biggest fashion risk you take is which plaid you'll wear to the 4-H Fair.
You have flowers planted in a bathroom appliance in your front yard.
Your wife weighs more then your refrigerator.
You move your refrigerator and the grass underneath it has turned yellow.
You mow your lawn and find a car.
You can spit without opening your mouth.
Going to the bathroom in the middle of the night involves putting on shoes and a jacket and grabbing a flashlight.
You go Christmas shopping for your mom, sister, and girlfriend, and you only need to buy one gift.
Taking a dip has nothing to do with water.
There are more than ten lawsuits currently pending against your dog.
You take a fishing pole to Sea World.
The hood and one door are a different color from the rest of your car.
You've ever filled your deer tag on the golf course.
You've ever shot somebody over a mall parking space.
Santa Claus refuses to let your kids sit in his lap.
Your toilet paper has page numbers on it.
You think mud rasslin' should be an Olympic sport.
The receptionist checks the rat traps at your place of business.
More than one living relative is named after a Southern Civil War general.
You think the stock market has a fence around it.
You think the O.J. trial was the...
Mildly offensive term for a lower class white person from the southeastern states of the USA. Derives from someone who spent a lot of time on manual labour outside and so received a "red neck" from the sun.
Who says "y'all" anymore, apart from damn rednecks?
"The glorious absence of sophistication"
you might be a redneck if the tires on your truck cost more than your truck
Rednecks live in the Southeastern United States. While they do not comprise the entire population in this region they do make up the vast majority of the people here.
Typically, rednecks live in rural settings. They avoid urban settings. They are proud of their pick-up trucks or older cars and stick with them despite rising gas prices.
They typically work industrial or manual labor jobs. The majority do not have anything beyond a high school education. They depend on the "Good 'Ol Boy" system of advancement. They are extremely weary of those who do possess the desire to act educated -- these people are perceived as sell-outs.
You can often see rednecks hauling lawn equipment or hunting (dog) equipment even if they do not plan on using these items in the near future. It is a proud symbol of their social class.
Rednecks often are seen about in hunting attire even though they do not plan to hunt anything. Dressing up comprises of dockers and a tucked in polo shirt. Baseball hats on men are a must regardless of the occasion or whether indoors or not.
Most rednecks do not live in mobile homes anymore. Most have modest homes. Typically they decorate in Native American or hunting themes. Most devote much more money into their vehicles then their homes.
Rednecks speak with a Southern accent and avoid using big words. They may know big words but it is not socially acceptable to use them. People who do are identified as outsiders.
One who arranges to have their daughter baptized at Daytona Motor Speedway(true story).
The rednecks went to Daytona just to get their daughter baptized there.
only require a shotgun, rifle, and 4 wheel drive
"With a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel drive, a country boy can survive"
-Hank Williams Jr.
A mentally challenged white male, usually from the South with an IQ of a beaver. They are characterized by: ignorant, intolerant of others, isolated in their own little world, uneducated, marry their own sisters, live in a run down trailer, claim to love america, but carries a confederate flag, vote against their own interest, and politically inept.
synonym: hick, hillbilly, intolerant
antonym: gentleman, worldly, tolerant
Even though I live in a trailor and have no health insurance, I'm gonna be voting for Bush, becos' he talk like a red neck, like me.