they usually hate most of the "new" stuff like IDE, and newer languages...
google "Story of Mel" and "real programmer" for more info ;)
some new guy: d00ds, check out th1s k00l program I wrote in Visual Basic
real programmer: Visual Basic? back in the day we didn't have crap like that, in fact.. back in '71, I wrote the beta-version of pong, using Machine Code...
some new guy: Machine Code? ye whatevah, I wrote s0me h4x0r machine c0de in VB some dayz ago.. beat that
- programmers that code machine code/assembly
- programmers that can real code of programming language that he did not know
- programmers that can learn new programming languages in 10 minutes
- programmers that use C/C++ and other low-level programming languages.
- programmers that do not use an IDE such as Visual Studio, instead, they use cat, vi, nano or other command line text editors