To place faith and confidence in.
'I rate myself as a good golfer'
1. To think something is sick, cool, good or hot.
2. The price you charge for a good or service. ie Drugs
1. "I fully rate the new mags you've got."
"I really rate that new girl at work."
2. "$250AUD an ounce is the rate. You don't like it, fuck off."
1. Used in Jerry Jackson films and the narrator is unable to pronounce "right", so the word rate is used. Oh No! is used in a high pitch voice during some episodes to create suspense and tension. Also animatiosn spelt incorrectly "animatens".
2. To rate someone (1-10)
That is like rate funny, LMAO!
a word interchangeable with really...
"Man, that's rate good, innit blood massive."
"There's Rate a teletubby on my sofa. He's rate fat and homoerotic."
This is an acronym standing for "Rough Around The Edges" and it refers to people (usually used to describe certain women) who are a bit rugged in both appearance and personality (usually found with Type 1s).
That chick is a hardcore RATE but still I find her strangely appealing. Other Ratish women turn me on too.
Generally used interchangably with "right"; often coupled with "hurtin'
" or "sour
"That's rate hurtin'!"
"That's rate sour, man!"
Random Attendance Teenage Eaters. Teenagers who randomly show up at mealtimes. Can be either family members or friends of family teenager(s). RATEs make it impossible to plan a meal because the cook never knows: 1. If family RATE is eating or 2. If family RATE is bringing other RATES home.
Husband: What happened to that massive pot of spaghetti?
Wife: Graham brought home 5 RATES and they inhaled it!
Husband: Is there any cereal?
Wife: That was dessert.
Used in the military, most specifically the Marine Corps, as another word for "deserve."
1. Hey, buddy! How's it going?
3. What the fuck? I don't RATE a response, asshole?