2.But if you listen to some rap music, you'd seee that now a days it has inspiring messages such as stay in school and don't do drugs.
3. Music highly preferred by black people and prefferred to be sung by black people, but white people TRY to rap anyway.
Billy's Mom: Billy! don't you know this rap music is what drunk, crackhead niggers listen to. You're young man are going to the thinking chair
2. Nas's I Can was very insprational telling girls to stay away from strange men, drugs, stay in school, be like Oprah, etc.
3. Eminem, Malibu's Most Wanted, Jamie Kennedy (perfect exaples of Definition #3)
If you want real rap, start there.
That is Buuulllllshiiiit! 50 Cent has no talent anymore. So stop listening to 50 Cent and saying this is fake ass bullshit.
These assholes need to listen to some 2Pac, Eminem, and Jay-Z. 2Pac made a song called: Keep Ya Head Up. Its very postive and has nothing at all to do with drugs, sex, and violence. Eminem made a song: Mockingbird. Nothing involving drugs and sex. Jay-Z made a song: December 4th. All about his life, and a very nice song. All abosolutely clean of everything people assume is in rap. I hate it when people who have never even listened to at the most, 2 minutes of rap in their whole lifetime, assume that its always negative. Plus rapping is a lot more than just talking. And it does require talent. To be rapping is to be rhyming poetry very quickly and loudly, to a beat, in a rhythm (which is the hardest part), in a stressed to unstressed form.
Now how can you call that JUST talking?
Writing good lyrics and making good beats are very hard and essential to an excellent rap song.
“Niggas screw they face up at me
On some real shit son they don't want beef
I cock that, aim that shit out the window
spray till there ain't a shell left in my heat
Ya niggas better lay down, yea i mean stay down
Get hit wit 8 round - ya ass ain't gonna make it
You niggas'll get laid out, yuh blood and ya brains out
Have ya on the concrete shiverin' and shakin' ...
I'm from Southside motherf**ker”
This, along with any random excerpt from any rap song every created, shows how idiotic rap is. It reeks with violence, profanity, and barely understandable language. All the while the artists are making millions of dollars while contributing nothing worthwhile to today’s society. It is a downright outrage that this genre is even popular because it is not one bit appealing to the eardrum.
2. A genre of music that could be defended five years ago before the arrival of 50 cent.
2. Rap used to have soul...rap used to have meaning...now it's just a P.O.S.
1) "rappers can't sing, so they speak" (THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SPEAK! ITS POETRY!)
2) "rappers always talk bitch about sex, drugs, violence" (STEREOTYPE!!! and it is not true. i can already name one who doesnt: kanye west)
3) "the music is not natural" (who gives a fuck?) remember rock fans, a guitar is natural, not an electric guitar that is fucked up by that distorted sound
4) "rappers moan about their lives" WRONG. alot of rappers are positive, every rock song i listen to is about negative shit (even though The Used scream and dont even ryhme and the music disorients me, i admire them for thier deepness into music) a funny thing is that most rappers are raised in poverty and so were The Used.
1st guy: i like rock
2nd guy: i like rap
1st guy: you suck, why do you listen to that garbage, who cares about those blacks and thier poverty?
2nd guy: hey, The used is a rock band and they were raised in poverty too
1st guy: why do you listen to people talking about sex, drugs, violence
2nd guy: STEREOTYPE
1st guy: well, rockers have talent to play thier own instruments
2nd guy: ya, but they need eachother to play together, otherwise they cant play, but lyricists and rappers dont need anybody, the talent is in thier lyrics and mind, unlike rockers who dont need a brain to scream, slam on drums, and smash guitars after a concert! at least rap has a beat and rythm!
1st guy: uhhh... well... only niggas make rap, white people make rock and they are superior (similar to what most people post on the website)
2nd guy: wtf